IPB to vB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPB to vB

So I am currently running a vB 3.8.6 forum.

I wanted to merge a IPB forum. I never had a problem before merging other forums.

However, it seems like the converter is convinced that I am converting a vB3 to a vB3 board?

I know it asked me to upload the vB36 folder? Not sure why?

My target in the config is my vB forum and the source is the IPB forum.

Am I missing something here?
    Last edited by FreshFroot_; Sun 2 Jan '11, 5:43pm.

I see

Testing source against : vb_36 ::3.7.x

Which is odd, I assume it's telling me it is doing a conversion with vB 3.6 and vB 3.7? not sure why?

Comment

Have you ever used impex in the past?

Comment

Yes I have... which is why I am thinking I might be having this problem.

Could it be due to a file left?

Comment

Nope, you never completely finished the old import by DELETING the impex session data. Check the docs for finishing the import.

Comment

Sorry, just a bit confused here.

Are you saying that I imported stuff earlier and it never imported properly? And that it is saved in the database?

I'm asking, because I no longer have that database, where I converted before. That was about 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Looks like your answer got it solved. I just deleted the session. And now I can import.

Comment

Before you do a second import, make sure that 1: you backup, 2 you test, 3 you finalize your old import.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.

I did have a question about the rebuilding counters of everything.

I did the forums, threads, users etc.. except for the posts cache.

How important is it to rebuild the posts cache? I assume if you don't some posts won't show up correctly? I have about 160,000+ posts. So going through it all would take awhile. Unless there is an automated way a cron job or something could do it without needing me.

Comment

Do you mean the counters? Please follow the 'After the Import' instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X