Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot access control panel of any other vb forum file after failed import.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot access control panel of any other vb forum file after failed import.

I got a reported error during the 'import users' module, pulling my ubb 6.7.3 into vb4. When I tried to back out and restart the impex, I got the /import/import.php page which obviously is a 404. Now, none of my vb pages show in a browser, yet are still present on the server. Trying to access any of those pages using the direct address, vcvc.org/forum.php, content.php, etc redirects me to the /import/import.php error.

I can't even access the admin page to make a correction. Any ideas?

Are you importing into a new install of vB4 (i.e. no existing users/data) or merging into an existing site?

If the former, you may be better to drop the vBulletin database, install vBulletin again and start the import from scratch. If you get the error again in the user module, let us know what the error is as it will possibly be easier to fix and let you carry on from there...
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Ok, what I've learned is that it's a mysql error #1226. When I run the impex modules, I'm able to transfer users and forums with no problem. Once I launch the threads/posts module, it locks up the mysql database for an hour. The 1226 means that I've exceeded the hourly database query limit, which I even upgraded to 150000. It didn't make a difference.

I've been told that if I add additional users to the database and to the impex config.php file that it will spread the queries out over the additional users, which would each have a limit of 150000. I've added the users to the database, but don't know how to write it into the config file.

Perhaps there is a better solution. As common as this problem seems to be, from what I've read, I'm hoping you guys may have a workaround.

Thank you.

Comment

Sorry, there is no option to do that. Also an artificial limit on hourly queries per user is very rare and not common at all.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

How can I finish my import and update counters when I keep exceeding the limit? When I come back to it each time, it starts over at the beginning.

I don't have a huge board (<1300 members and just over 100,000 posts).

Comment

Unfortunately you can't. The only option is to get your host to remove that limit.

Frankly with a database of that size you are going to have problems with this host anyway.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Please make a suggestion for a new hosting service. My site is effectively offline until I get this resolved. I know you don't like to make suggestions on hosting, but I'm in a jam now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X