Incomplete import data using Impex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incomplete import data using Impex

I have just installed a new vbulletin forum and tried to import my existing data from phpbb3. Everything appears to have gone ok but most of my threads aren't showing. It states for example 48 threads in a forum but when I go in there are only a handful.

I've been through the cleanup procedure etc. but this hasn't helped. I took a backup from my phpbb3 forum and I've imported from this.

Couple of other issues like private messages not importing and some users faile don the import, could it be a corrupt backup? Would I be better trying to import direct from my main database?

Appreciate any advice

Originally posted by jnmann View Post
    I have just installed a new vbulletin forum and tried to import my existing data from phpbb3. Everything appears to have gone ok but most of my threads aren't showing. It states for example 48 threads in a forum but when I go in there are only a handful.

I've been through the cleanup procedure etc. but this hasn't helped. I took a backup from my phpbb3 forum and I've imported from this.

Couple of other issues like private messages not importing and some users faile don the import, could it be a corrupt backup? Would I be better trying to import direct from my main database?

Appreciate any advice
    For the threads to be shown go to Forums & Moderators->Forum Manager-Edit Forum and make sure that Default View Age is set to Show all forums.

About the pm and users, did you get any errors during the import?

Comment

Brilliant! Thought the threads weren't there. Do I have to do this for each individual forum/category or is there a global setting?

BTW......As my old forum is still live there are a few additional posts not gone over, if I backup again, can I import in the same way and add these in?

Just looking at other import data now.
      Last edited by jnmann; Tue 28 Dec '10, 11:59am.

Comment

Brilliant! Thought the threads weren't there. Do I have to do this for each individual forum/category or is there a global setting?

Just looking at other import data now.
        To do it for all the forums, run this query:

Code:
        UPDATE forum SET daysprune = -1;
        and if your db tables have a prefix you should apend it next to the tables name at the query above. Hope it helps.

Comment

Thank you. All of my tables have a vb_ prefix so where would I put that in the query please?

Comment

Thank you. All of my tables have a vb_ prefix so where would I put that in the query please?
            You should place it before the table name. i.e.

Code:
            UPDATE vb_forum SET daysprune = -1;

Comment

Sorry, I see now,thanks. Can I overwrite the posts data with another export/import?

Comment

Sorry, I see now,thanks. Can I overwrite the posts data with another export/import?
                You are welcome and no sorry at all

Do you mean to to a reimport all over again? If so then yes if you think that that should be done.

Comment

I just want a handful of new posts putting into the new database so I guess I have to overwrite all posts?

Comment

Originally posted by borbole View Post
                    You should place it before the table name. i.e.

Code:
                    UPDATE vb_forum SET daysprune = -1;
                    OK, I run that within SQL of phpmyadmin? DO I have to clear any cache or anything withink VB?

Comment

OK, I run that within SQL of phpmyadmin? DO I have to clear any cache or anything withink VB?
                      If the threads won''t appear then run the Rebuild Thread Information and Rebuild Forum Information at the Update Counters in the Maintenance.

Comment

All seems fine thank you. PM's appear ok now as well. Attachments I'm not sure about, what do I need to put in Full path to uploads/attachments folder where the source attachments are?

To add in the additonal posts I intended doing a backup/import but as the prefix are different do I have to start all over again?
                        Last edited by jnmann; Tue 28 Dec '10, 3:08pm.

Comment

You need to use the full path on the server to those phpBB attachments.

On Unix/Linux systems you can find the complete path name by telnetting or sshing into your server, going to that directory and typing:

pwd
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

OK, I've run the install again and got what I need for now. Biggest issue I have right now is that when I reset a member password the system states that the user has been banned as soon as they log in.....it's happening to me as well which is causing problems!

edit: Users were in imported groups that were showing as banned in settings, changed this setting and all seems fine.
                            Last edited by jnmann; Wed 29 Dec '10, 11:35am.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                              You need to use the full path on the server to those phpBB attachments.

On Unix/Linux systems you can find the complete path name by telnetting or sshing into your server, going to that directory and typing:

pwd
                              Can I do this through puTTy? Not sure about settings, will try and get them.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X