Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

phpBB2 -> vbCMS Problems (Waaay too long to import)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry but I'm support, not a Dev. If you fill out a Bug Report I can bring it to their attention quicker. The Devs will not look at this until there is a bug report. And that report should come from someone having this problem so they can test any fixes.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well, to be perfectly honest with you, Steve, I really don't care if you fix the problems. I have found them and fixed them on my own because I need it to work and can't wait for you guys to be bothered. I will only be importing my data from another system once and after that I really don't care. You can keep on answering threads about bad data showing up in the target database for years and it won't have any impact on me. You can keep telling people to up their PHP memory limits or increase their MySQL query cache size rather than acknowledging that Impex doesn't clean up after itself into the next century and it won't bother me a single bit.

I'm not trying to be difficult but, Steve, your responses thus far have not only not been helpful. I find them to be condescending and insulting. Helping you fix your product serves me no purpose for the reasons mentioned. Given that fact perhaps you should take the track of "asking" for me to be of further assistance rather than threatening that you won't fix your own problems unless I follow your procedures.
      Community manager at Thailand Friends

Comment

Has this been highlighted to a developer then now, by a staffer I mean?

Comment

@ChemicalKicks: Apparently not. Both bugs (not converting data correctly and not cleaning up all imported data) are still sitting in "Unconfirmed" status in Jira.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Rini View Post
            @ChemicalKicks: Apparently not. Both bugs (not converting data correctly and not cleaning up all imported data) are still sitting in "Unconfirmed" status in Jira.
            Once they're in Jira they will get assigned to a developer pretty quickly. What I was getting at was, did you submit them or did Steve or someone else do it?

Comment

I submitted the dates issues and I submitted the bug about not being cleaned up (but I only reported about one table because that's all I had found at the time). As far as I know Steve has not submitted any of these bugs.

Comment

I submitted the dates issues and I submitted the bug about not being cleaned up (but I only reported about one table because that's all I had found at the time). As far as I know Steve has not submitted any of these bugs.
                Ah I see nice one adding them in, hopefully Steve will add to your reports then. Good work dude!

Comment

Well, to be perfectly honest with you, Steve, I really don't care if you fix the problems. I have found them and fixed them on my own because I need it to work and can't wait for you guys to be bothered. I will only be importing my data from another system once and after that I really don't care. You can keep on answering threads about bad data showing up in the target database for years and it won't have any impact on me. You can keep telling people to up their PHP memory limits or increase their MySQL query cache size rather than acknowledging that Impex doesn't clean up after itself into the next century and it won't bother me a single bit.

I'm not trying to be difficult but, Steve, your responses thus far have not only not been helpful. I find them to be condescending and insulting. Helping you fix your product serves me no purpose for the reasons mentioned. Given that fact perhaps you should take the track of "asking" for me to be of further assistance rather than threatening that you won't fix your own problems unless I follow your procedures.
                  I'm truly shocked and sorry to hear that my comments were construed that way. My goal was to resolve this issue within the constraints of the system we have for doing such a thing. And the system requires bug reports in order to get Developers to look at these issues.

Can I ask what you think I should have done? I'm genuinely curious.

Also if you could provide the links to those bug reports I can bring them to the appropriate Devs' attention.

And please note that I in no way intended to sound 'condescending and insulting'. If I came across that way, I apologize.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X