Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any plans for a VB4 to VB4 importer?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
    No Steve, I didn't think this was a joke and for the record, I understand you're doing your job but...

    For IB to hold up production because their waiting for their paying customers to hand over their site data so they can test an app that should work as listed is a joke.
    IB has several sites with tons of data already, why would they need a licensed users data too.
    *sigh* Nothing was held up for lack of data to test this with. We finally have something ready NOW and are asking people for more data so we can fully test this before releasing it. It is not enough to just test this on a couple of internal databases and say it works.

    Sorry if our effort to make this a better product seems like a 'joke' to you. At least others understand this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

    Steve Machol Photography


    Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Paul M View Post
      Good grief. Get out the wrong side of bed today ?

      If you dont want to test it dont.

      Feel free to send me a copy Steve, I'll test it, without complaining.
      Where did they say they would hand over a copy to test?
      I read it as "send us your data and we'll test it"

      Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
      Uh, because they want to test it "in the wild" as well as with in-house data.....
      I understand how to test environment works, thanks for breaking it down for me..

      If you dont want to test it dont.
      words of wisdom right there ppl ^^
      I was trying to be respectful, no need to jump down my a$$

      I guess waiting 2 years for a working vb 4 importer isn't a big deal for everyone, but it is for me.

      Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      Sorry if our effort to make this a better product seems like a 'joke' to you. At least others understand this.

      sarcasm gets you nowhere
      -- Web Developer for hire
      ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
        No Steve, I didn't think this was a joke and for the record, I understand you're doing your job but...

        For IB to hold up production because their waiting for their paying customers to hand over their site data so they can test an app that should work as listed is a joke.
        IB has several sites with tons of data already, why would they need a licensed users data too.
        Its the standard pratice of testing impex, this hasn't ever changed.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Zachery View Post
          Its the standard pratice of testing impex, this hasn't ever changed.
          you're all missing my point

          forget it...

          keep up the good work with everyone
          Last edited by Loco.M; Mon 28 Feb '11, 12:05pm.
          -- Web Developer for hire
          ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
            you're all missing my point

            forget it...

            keep up the good with everyone
            If you're upset we're asking to use your data, then you should have been upset with Jerry when he started developing impex. We've always requested customer data to help finalize and develop importers.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Zachery View Post
              If you're upset we're asking to use your data, then you should have been upset with Jerry when he started developing impex. We've always requested customer data to help finalize and develop importers.
              no it's alright sir, maybe I misunderstood the request
              all is well, carry on
              thx
              -- Web Developer for hire
              ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

              Comment


              • #67
                Sorry I didnt see this right on the top, I just did a search. Good to see progress being made hope to use this product soon.

                Comment


                • #68
                  any expected release date?

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    many are waiting for this script

                    thank you vb team

                    Comment

                    widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X