Any plans for a VB4 to VB4 importer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deimos View Post
    For those who are thinking of trying am import from VB4 into VB3, I wouldn't recommend it
    Everything seemed to go ok (I knew attachments wouldn't transfer), but I then noticed loads of users (some 1000ish) had been deleted in the process.
    Yep, I also noticed when you try to get into some threads, you get an invalid link specified error aswell, so the import system is completely useless as it stands for doing what should be a very basic function.

Originally posted by KW802 View Post
    It is just a bit depressing that it is easier at present to import a vB4 site into the competition than it is to import a vB4 site into vB4.
    Completely agree.

Here's the link if anybody else wants to vote

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/IMPX-377

Comment

Considering I was the one who posted it to Jira, yes :P
      hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Deimos View Post
        Considering I was the one who posted it to Jira, yes :P
        hehe
        I'm glad you brought it up, hopefully we'll see this released before VB5 although with all the updates for the suite, I think we might well see VB5 released before a proper importer and who knows how long it'll take to get a VB4 - VB5 or VB5 - VB5 importer.

Comment

so I had to do my first vb 4 > vb 4 import
          everything went like it should, but lost all attachments (which I knew would happen)
          it's a real shame that "the most powerful community software™" eg.. http://www.vbulletin.com/
          can't even import a current version with another current version..

PS.. it would be wonderful if we could import vbulletin blogs as well, I lost a few blogs on my last import
          Last edited by Loco.M; Wed 26 Jan '11, 1:07pm.
          -- Web Developer for hire
          ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

voted.

Comment

Well this... Just select VB3.7 importer and it should work just fine. I've done it with VB 3.8 and VB 4.0, and it had no problem. Keep in mind that Impex does not import visitor messages, you lose all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hall of Famer View Post
                Well this... Just select VB3.7 importer and it should work just fine. I've done it with VB 3.8 and VB 4.0, and it had no problem. Keep in mind that Impex does not import visitor messages, you lose all of them.
                Doesn't work for Attachments either.

Comment

Well attachments... This you will have to manually add them back.

Comment

Originally posted by Hall of Famer View Post
                    Well attachments... This you will have to manually add them back.
                    Why should I?

I paid for software that comes with an importer that should handle an import, all the previous versions of vBulletin had this option, so why not VB4?

Besides the fact I don't know how to manually import my attachments and also don't fancy trying to manually import over 36,000 attachments.

Comment

We do have a test vB4-to-vB4 importer now but we need data to test this on, preferably Suite databases with Articles, Blogs and attachments. If you have such a database, then please fill out a support ticket.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                        We do have a test vB4-to-vB4 importer now but we need data to test this on, preferably Suite databases with Articles, Blogs and attachments. If you have such a database, then please fill out a support ticket.
                        are you kidding me?
                        surely IB has some data you guys can test the product that should work off the self....

Make the attachments transfer from vb 4 to vb 4 and I'll be happy

Comment

Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
                          are you kidding me?
                          surely IB has some data you guys can test the product that should work off the self....

Make the attachments transfer from vb 4 to vb 4 and I'll be happy
                          We have tested this with some data already. We want to test it with different databases. Sorry if you think this was a joke.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                            We have tested this with some data already. We want to test it with different databases. Sorry if you think this was a joke.
                            No Steve, I didn't think this was a joke and for the record, I understand you're doing your job but...

For IB to hold up production because their waiting for their paying customers to hand over their site data so they can test an app that should work as listed is a joke.
                            IB has several sites with tons of data already, why would they need a licensed users data too.

Comment

Good grief. Get out the wrong side of bed today ?

If you dont want to test it dont.

Feel free to send me a copy Steve, I'll test it, without complaining.
                              Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
                                No Steve, I didn't think this was a joke and for the record, I understand you're doing your job but...

For IB to hold up production because their waiting for their paying customers to hand over their site data so they can test an app that should work as listed is a joke.
                                IB has several sites with tons of data already, why would they need a licensed users data too.
                                Uh, because they want to test it "in the wild" as well as with in-house data.....
                                MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
                                AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X