Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another vote

Comment

Are we getting any nearer to having a working importer for VB4 to VB4 imports, seems like we've had no official response from vBulletin for a while and the votes continue to increase.

Comment

Originally posted by Da_Vinci View Post
        Are we getting any nearer to having a working importer for VB4 to VB4 imports, seems like we've had no official response from vBulletin for a while and the votes continue to increase.
        doubt it
        -- Web Developer for hire
        ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Thanks Trevor
          I must admit, that "Scrubbed" status is a little deceiving, as it says this when you hover your mouse over it

"Scrubbed - Issue has been verified by vBulletin staff, but has not been prioritzed or assigned."

It lies! :P

Comment

Hi Trevor,

Would it be possible for you to contact Freddie and ask him if it's looking like something that will take a long time to complete or if it's something we can expect quite soon.

The reason I ask is because I'm hanging on here in the hope this will be done sooner rather than later, if it's going to take a long time to fix then I will have to look into making other arrangements to get these database merged.

Would be even better if Freddie could reply in person.
            Last edited by Da_Vinci; Sat 15 Jan '11, 5:42pm.

Comment

I've voted for this as well.
              www.WonderfulWaterloo.com

Comment

Is there still no news on how this coming along?

I'm feeling like we're being left in the dark.

Also this has been assigned to Freddie, but wouldn't it be better to assign it to Jerry seen as he's the Forum Impex Developer?

Comment

It hasn't been assigned to anyone it seems
                  It's been assigned to an "assignee", but not to an actual staffer to work on.

Comment

Originally posted by Da_Vinci View Post
                    Also this has been assigned to Freddie, but wouldn't it be better to assign it to Jerry seen as he's the Forum Impex Developer?
                    Jerry left a while ago.
                    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Originally posted by Paul M View Post
                      Jerry left a while ago.
                      Gosh... I thought I was "In the know" I guess not on that one...

Former vBulletin Support Staff
                      Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
                      Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul M View Post
                        Jerry left a while ago.
                        Thanks for letting us know Paul.

Is there anybody from the Dev team that can just give us a straight yes, no, it's on it's way soon answear please?

Jira doesn't exactly give a clear indication of what's going on with the development of Impex, is it getting abandoned, will we see no real usefull updates of Impex for existing VB license owners?

28 votes now and it will surely grow with time as more people require this function, which lets be honest it should be standard, it's like inventing the gas cooker before discovering gas.

Throw me a frikkin bone here guys please...

Comment

Judging by how long things are taking to get fixed/worked on, I wouldn't expect to see anything within the next 3 months, probably even 6

Comment

For those who are thinking of trying am import from VB4 into VB3, I wouldn't recommend it
                            Everything seemed to go ok (I knew attachments wouldn't transfer), but I then noticed loads of users (some 1000ish) had been deleted in the process.

Comment

It is just a bit depressing that it is easier at present to import a vB4 site into the competition than it is to import a vB4 site into vB4.
                              [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X