files from phpbb3 to vb4xx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• files from phpbb3 to vb4xx

I'm trying to import some attachments from a phpBB3 to VB, but i'm getting an error for every file...

Code:
    [B]Warning[/B]: is_file() [function.is-file]:  open_basedir restriction in effect.  File(/files/119_c36aa8d7e1ff23eef8f9df703c12e777) is not within the  allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/xxxxx.com/httpdocs:/tmp) in [B][path]/impex/systems/phpBB3/010.php[/B] on line [B]121[/B]
    Any idea?

First, make sure you are storing attachments in the database in vB. If not, you will need to move them from the file system to the db.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

How can i do that ?

Comment

You do that here: Admin CP -> Attachments -> Attachment Storage Type

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well, i've managed to add the attachments to the db. I can see them of the db but not in the posts. What's wrong ?

Comment

What did you do exactly? If this was done right and you followed all the instructions, they would show.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I've changed from file to db storage. Then, i run impex again and all attachments added to the db. I can see them of attachments stats, i can see the attachment sign on a thread title but i can't see them on the posts.

Comment

Please follow the 'After the Import' instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Are they showing as links in posts or what? Check your settings in vboptions > message attachment options

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                  vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                  Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                  If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

I've already rebuild the tables, rebuild the thumbs, checked for image inline but nothing.
                    The attachment does not appear as link, neither as image.

What if i change the storage type from db to directory ?

Comment

Unfortunately that would probably not solve this. Did you follow the 'after the import' instructions? Does Impex show that all those attachments were imported?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Everything except from removing impex files.

Impex failed to import about 300 attachments out of 6000

I also tried an import from scratch, without result....

Comment

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I'll do it by the end of the week because i'm testing it local. I'll make a clean install online and i'll open a ticket.

Comment

Well, i moved it online and the attachments are working !!

The problem that i have is that they appear as link, even if i check the image inline at the options.
                              Also, i tried to rebuild thumbs but i receive the following error for every file :

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in [path]/admincp/misc.php on line 750
                              Processing: Attachment : 524 (jpg)Error: Attachment Missing

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X