Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• import from SMF 1.1.11 brings only one usergroup

Greets all,

I am trying to move my SMF 1.1.11 forum to VB 4.0.8, using ImpEx. I have done a couple of test imports with the same result every time; in AdminCP -> Usergroup -> Usergroup Manager it shows only the members of our one custom-created usergroup as having been imported into that same-named usergroup in VB. The ordinary SMF usergroups are shown by the Usergroup Manager but they have no members, everyone who's not in our custom-created usergroup has been brought into "Imported Users".

The other groups I speak of are the ordinary SMF ones, i.e. Hero Member, Sr. Member, Jr. Member, and Newbie. At first I thought, well maybe those memberships aren't held in the database but assigned by SMF based on parsing the users number of posts for each page load, but then I thought, if that was the case, why would the Usergroup Manager show those groups, it it hadn't gotten them out of a table in the SMF database?

Thoughts anyone?

October 30 to Dec 7 ....... not any one single answer .......... how disappointing.

vbulletin, where is the support we are paying for ?

Comment

maybe the bold below is what's happening to you?

I haven't imported SMF in a few months, I don't remember if we had that issue too.

and actually you're paying for "support tickets" which you can open at any time and usually get a reply within the hour by a staff member..

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/impex_cleanup

User groups

Most importers will import the usergroups or create a default import usergroup, this is so you can check the users being imported and manage them accordingly, to move users to the default Registered Users group in vBulletin, delete the import group they are in and all the users will be moved to the Registered Users group by default.

Even with a vBulletin to vBulletin import the groups are created again, this is so you can manage the new users accordingly, in some cases you will need to keep the new users separate depending on the nature of your community to manage them.

Be sure to double-check the main Usergroup permissions to make sure they match what you want:
      Last edited by Loco.M; Tue 7 Dec '10, 9:05am.
      -- Web Developer for hire
      ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X