Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URGENT: imported IPB 3 to VB3.8.6 double forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
    to answer your question, I would suggest clearing and starting over if you have double post
    impex works exactly like it should and 10 times better then the ipb converter ever willl.
    now if only impex supported importing from vb 4, I mean vb 4 has only been out 9 months
    But then we have to deal with people trying to use impex to upgrade

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    to answer your question, I would suggest clearing and starting over if you have double post
    impex works exactly like it should and 10 times better then the ipb converter ever willl.
    now if only impex supported importing from vb 4, I mean vb 4 has only been out 9 months

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    If anyone is having a problem with impex please put in a support ticket.
    I am sure impex will be updated based on demand.
    You can mass move posts after an import is completed via the admincp.

Leave a comment:

• whitetigergrowl
    replied
    12 days and no response to this.

IMO Impex is becoming outdated as more and more forum software is being upgraded/updated. Sooner or later there will be those wanting to come from new software like Xenforo to VB. Should that happen, will Impex be ready and capable to convert those people? Sad to see Impex falling behind.

Leave a comment:

• Jheroen
    started a topic URGENT: imported IPB 3 to VB3.8.6 double forums?

URGENT: imported IPB 3 to VB3.8.6 double forums?

Hi All,

just imported my IPB 3 board to my (existing) vb3.x board.
    i wanted to go to IPB3 but after a week i knew that was not the good choice so i have the old forum with many members/posts etc still as backup.

i have imported the ipb3 forum which is based on the vb3 forum but has many new posts because the ipb3 forum ran for a week.

impex cannot import posts if you don't import forums first, so after the import i have all the forums double, can i delete the old forums (from the vb backup) and go on with the imported forums which are up to date or am i losing members post count etc when i delete the old forums?

there is no way to merge the forums nor impex can read the db and see that there are the same forums in the existing db which is the target DB for impex.

question: can i delete the old forums without losing members counts (posts that members made in those forums etc)?

are there other things that could go wrong here?
    members do have usertitles that they have to keep
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X