Import using sqlsrv_connect and not mssql_connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import using sqlsrv_connect and not mssql_connect

To cut a long story short, trying to import a forum from MSSQL to a new VB forum using Impex (again..)

Ive tried this on the actual web server but speed and various errors seem to upset and frustrate the whole process.
    As a result Ive set up local copies of IIS/php/mssql/mysql etc to provide an efficient platform to do the conversion

To get php to be able to read MSSQL, it seems I now need to use sqlsrv_connect as no matter what Ive tried, I cant connect to the latest version of Php with php_mssql.dll ??

Question
    What code changes need to be made to the impex files to use sqlsrv_connect? (Im not a php guy... :-)

To clarify, php_sqlsrv.dll is working as an extension and can read the database, so only php code changes are required? or am i looking at this the wrong way?

In the interim, I tried using "odbc" as a connection which was available in code, but undocumented - however this errored out

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X