Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXPORTING vBulletin?

Greetings!

I posted this question elsewhere, but haven't received a response yet... hoping somebody over in this area might know.

I'd like to EXPORT our vBulletin data and import into Fireboard.

Anybody know if this is possible? If so, how?

Thanks!
    Cynthia

you'll have to ask the devs of "fireboard"
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Ignore the fireboard part... Can vBulletin be exported?

How do I do it?

Comment

Exported how? You can do a database dump, essentially a backup. There's no way to just "export" because there's not really a standardized format for forum data. So you wouldn't be able to do anything with it unless Fireboard knows how to interpret the vBulletin database format. Now if you're talking about Impex, except backwards (like you select another forum software and vBulletin copies its database in that format), this isn't possible. This would require a separate script that wouldn't really be a salable feature for most people who intend to use vBulletin when they buy it, so the devs never wrote one. Import scripts, on the other hand, are something people look for, so you should really be talking to Fireboard about this.
        - the makers of VaultWiki

Comment

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to actually write out an explanation as to WHY I need to be in touch with the fireboard people.

Now I understand!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X