Import threads and posts from PHPBB in two steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import threads and posts from PHPBB in two steps

I was wondering what is the best strategy to import and add threads and posts from a existing PHPBB Board to a VBulletin Board. Is it better to import PHPBB posts to a test VBulletin board and in a second step to import posts from the VBulletin test board to the existing VBulletin board or is it better to import directly posts from the PHPBB board to the existing VBulletin board.
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by engenhariacivil; Fri 20th Aug '10, 3:15am.
    ---

Originally posted by engenhariacivil View Post
    I was wondering what is the best strategy to import and add threads and posts from a existing PHPBB Board to a VBulletin Board. Is it better to import PHPBB posts to a test VBulletin board and in a second step to import posts from the VBulletin test board to the existing VBulletin board or is it better to import directly posts from the PHPBB board to the existing VBulletin board.
    Thanks in advance
    In my opinion a direct import would be better.

Comment

Thanks for you answer. The problem is that, because i have never user Impex, i am a bit afraid that the import will mess up my existing board.
      ---

Comment

make a backup first
        I like to import a new forum into a test vb first, so I can make sure all the permissions and threads are showing correctly, then I'll import that forum into my live site.
        Just make a backup either way in case you do mess something up
        -- Web Developer for hire
        ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Thanks for you answer. The problem is that, because i have never user Impex, i am a bit afraid that the import will mess up my existing board.
          You shouldn't worry about that. The import doesn't alter the original forum in any way, shape or form. But to play it safe, make a thorough backup of the db prior tot he conversion as adviced above.

Comment

Thank you for your advices Loco.M and borbole.I will test the whole process in the test forum and then make the real import directly.
            ---

Comment

Thank you for your advices Loco.M and borbole.I will test the whole process in the test forum and then make the real import directly.
              You are welcome. Good luck and let us know how it will go.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X