Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPB 1.3 (InvisionFree Forum) to vBulletin Forum

Good Day,

Please forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place...I hate it when I do that.

I am preparing to import an InvisionFree forum (IPB 1.3 ((If I understand the Impex information correctly)... This import is going on a spare license (4.0.5) that will subsequently be transferred to a friend (the one on the IF board) should she like vBulletin's set up with her board on it.

I am wondering if anyone has tackled such an import recently as the one thread I found was closed (HOW TO...) although once I get my access sorted out here, I am going to download the attachment.

We have acquired the database SQL for my friend's InvisionFree board so that hurdle has, with a minor bit of difficulty, been overcome.

I appreciate any help or advice anyone can provide to make this a bit easier as I am the technical village idiot.

Warmest Regards and Thank for Any and All Assistance....

Alisa

Take a look at the impex documentation: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

If you get stuck somewhere please ask

Comment

Thank you! I have been looking over the documentation. Was just wondering if anyone here had recent real life experience with an InvisionFree import... thank you again!

Comment

The problem is importing the datebase to mysql everytime i get
        ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'mana.ibf_badwords' doesn't exist
        (oh and me and Alisa are working on the same forum^^ just so you know am not hijacking this thread :P)

Comment

Just verifying Animemike's post. He is not hijacking this thread, but working on the IMPEX import for me.

Comment

does the source DB have a prefix?
            did you add it if so into the impex config file?
            -- Web Developer for hire
            ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
              does the source DB have a prefix?
              did you add it if so into the impex config file?
              No and i thought you had to import the datebase into mysql before you could can do anything with Impex

Comment

Dump i still need help on this :/

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                  Take a look at the impex documentation: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

If you get stuck somewhere please ask
                  we are asking

Comment

Stuck where and how?

Comment

Originally posted by Animemike View Post
                      The problem is importing the datebase to mysql everytime i get

(oh and me and Alisa are working on the same forum^^ just so you know am not hijacking this thread :P)
                      Zachary,

Thanks for responding. Please see above. Animemike is doing the import for me and that's the first error he's received.

Thanks again...

Alisa

Comment

Did you grab the schema from the impex forum? The InvisionFree site didnt provide schema, just data.

Comment

I believe he did. And I swear getting this info from InvisionFree was like pulling hen's teeth! They were polite but wanted to know where we were moving..etc.

Anyway, I'm in the USA and Mike's in the UK...he will probably see this before I can ask him...

Thanks again for responding.

Warmest Regards,

Alisa

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                            Did you grab the schema from the impex forum? The InvisionFree site didnt provide schema, just data.
                            Yes i did any i get this error when am trying to import there SQL in to myphpadmin

Code:
                            Thanks

Comment

My suggestion would be to check the mysql backup and try removing the badwords data.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X