Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xtreme2damax
    replied
    Besides PM's being visible to other members I've noticed that the wrong content or user is assigned to PM's. Such as X content from a different PM, will be under a different unrelated title for another PM. Or X user will be shown as the op for the PM, when it was someone else who sent the PM. The PM conversion is really a mess, everything else went quite smoothly except for this.

Leave a comment:

• Jheroen
    replied
    i did have PM messages from 1 week ago, and sorry for the members but i had to delete them because other's PM messages were visible for people that shouldn't read them

Leave a comment:

• Xtreme2damax
    replied
    I'm awaiting an update, I want to move forward with the conversion, but this is the only issue that is stopping me.

Leave a comment:

• Jheroen
    replied
    i have this issue also, how can i delete PM messages that were posted in an amount of time, i want to delete them from the DB.

Leave a comment:

• Xtreme2damax
    replied
    I'm having the same issue with a test IPB3 to Vbulletin 3.7.6 conversion. It appears that the PM import/conversion doesn't work properly, although it's understandable since IPB3 uses a new system "Private Conversations" that vastly differs from the traditional PM system. Everything except the PM import/conversion has went ok.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Try this.

Create a new database and do a new import to the new database. Check the content of the PMs to see what's imported over into that database is correct.

Leave a comment:

• Michael2
    replied
    Ran it and went live. I didn't think to check the actual content of the pm's when the titles appeared to be correct. Just not anything I've heard of going wrong or even would have thought would go wrong.

Worst case scenario I can give members read-only access to the old IPB forum to retreive any information they may need but I'd rather not scrap everyone's pm's and start from scratch.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Did it work correctly when you ran an initial test or did you just run it and go live first time?

Leave a comment:

• Michael2
    started a topic PM Problem w/ IPB3 => vB4 Conversin

PM Problem w/ IPB3 => vB4 Conversin

I converted my forum from IPB3 to vB4 this afternoon and everyone's PM's are random. The titles appear to be somewhat accurate but when you click the title it's someone else's PM there.

I've disabled PM's for now.

Any ideas?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X