X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attach Images not showing.

Here is what I did.

New install vB 3.8.6 I then used Impex to import my data from vB 3.7.1

The Import worked ok but for one thing. Image Attachments are stored in the DB as far as I know. I can't find any folder that holds images uploaded through posts.

The Impex asked for the path to the import upload/images but that does not exist.

Everything is fine except the images are not showing up?

Any suggestions? I know the table vB_Attachments is huge so I thought that MySQL held images like MSMSL does in the database. Not just a folder with a link in the DB.

Any suggestions on how I can reattach the images to the posts? There's not broken links, just no image are loaded period for posts that I know have images, there still there on the old site.

I did copy the whole publicHTML folder and did a search for an image name but nothing shows up?

Thanks

Thanks

I assumed I used the wrong Impex importer mod for my forum. I am running 3.7.1 on the old forum and upgrading to 3.8.6 before I upgrade to 4.0.5 CSM Suite.

I did another import with version Import / Export :: vb_36 but I still get the same input box asking the path to the attachments folder that does not exist?

Any clue what I can do to get these attachments to show up?

I'm in a bind today, thanks

Comment

Do I point the Impex import to the DB table?

Comment

Is there a particular reason you're using Impex instead of upgrading?
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

The reason was being stupid I guess. I got some bad information is all...all is good now and the upgrade went great.

The one thing I learned was make sure when you do your SQL dump that you force collation to latin1_swedish_ci you can do that through SSH.

I moved from one hosting company that used latin1_swedish_ci to one that used latin1_General_ci as their default. That caused me many errors during my first upgrade attempt. Your backup SQL dump is your best friend too.

Next when you make your NEW DB in your cPanel you still need to go into your phpmyadmin and check your collation BEFORE you import your data. IF you come from a hosting company that used General and your site was installed in general from the start. You should be OK but you can't move from a collation latin1_swedish_ci to a DB that has General. Do yourself a favor and make sure you check before you install your DB.

Not all hosting companies use latin1_swedish_ci as their default like I thought.

I did that and all is good and I love the new Publishing suite. Lots of new toys to play with so thanks vb.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X