Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[VB STAFF] Is anyone still working on Impex updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VB STAFF] Is anyone still working on Impex updates?

I think every customer who has paid you (vBulletin) our hard earned money deserves to know what the status is of Impex development.

As of now, there has not been a new release since February 7th. Support for import of most newer CMS's is either non-existent or flat out broken. This isn't what anyone expects when they shell out nearly $300 for your product.

Me, like many other people, have been left stranded, unable to use your product due to the lack of working importers. I maintain TechREACTION.net, which currently uses VB3.8 for the forums and Wordpress 2.92 for the CMS. I had always planned and hoped to migrate fully to VB Publishing Suite to make things easier for my members and staff.

Please give us a realistic and honest answer. Thank you.

If you're having impex issues, have you put in a ticket about it?

Comment

Yes I did, and I was greeted by a total lack of response to the questions I had and was instead offered a refund that I was then later told I also could not have.

I'm using Wordpress, it's the most demanded Impex import requested in the poll sticky'd within this forum. Clearly there is a lot of demand for it if you do a few quick google searches. However, at this time, Impex does not work for Importing Wordpress 2.9/3.0+.

The same goes for the latest Joomla versions. And you can see that there are tons and tons of questions asked here in this forum about bugs, import issues, and status of Impex development that are simply never answered.

Why is this being ignored?

Comment

EnJoY120 isn't the only one. I've also dealt with unresolved tickets and haven't seen any movement at all on impex in months. VB is not delivering what was promised to us.
        If they want to ever get more money from us for upgrades, they're going to have to prove themselves first. I'll also be sure to let potential customers know that they shouldn't expect any "future" features to ever be delivered...

Comment

Figured I'd bump this as nothing seems to have changed, nearly three months later.

Comment

If you're still having issues with impex with the current list of available importers please open a ticket so we can get it assigned to a developer for attention.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X