Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migration Issues

Hi Guys,

Well I had a 99% successful migration from PHPBB3 3.0.7-PL1 to vBulletin 4.0.2 PL4. One minor issue, one not so minor.

My minor issue is that the attachments wouldn't transfer over, it starts the transfer, an error windows appears at the bottom and then at the bottom of the error message is:

Code:
    mysql error: Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes
    mysql error number: 1153
    After a quick Google it seems this is some kind of restriction that I need to address with my host; however if anyone knows anyway round it I'd be more than appreciative.

The other issue is one I can't seem to find anything on.

After the transfer I followed the step by step guide, after all the posts/threads/search were all re-indexed etc, I tried to login as a migrated user. It said the password was wrong, no problem the FAQ said that might happen. So as the migrated user I followed the password rest procedure, that worked without issue. When I tried to login with the new password, it thanks me for logging in, redirects and says:

You have been banned for the following reason:
    No reason was specified.
    Date the ban will be lifted: Never

So I logged in as the admin user, checked out the account, and there is no note of the ban at all. As far as I can see there should not be any ban there at all. The user is in the correct group with the correct permissions.

I tried having a search on the forums and Google, but can't seem to find anything. I'm hoping it's just my poor research abilities and both the above issues have fixes in place!

Cheers

Steve

Sorry for bumping less than 24hrs after posting.

Any feedback or suggestions at all?

Comment

Check your Registered Members usergroup (or whichever Usergroup this member comes from) in Usergroup Manager, make sure "This is a Banned Group" (or whatever it is called) is set to No.
      My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
      vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Ok that kinda worked.

But the permissions didn't copy over at all. So I have just moved from the imported permission sets to the default ones. Seems to work perfectly!

Ok, so any ideas or feedback on the attachment transfer issue? Can anyone confirm I need to take the issue up with my host? Or is a there anything I can do?
        Last edited by SteveBremner; Thu 8 Apr '10, 2:45am. Reason: Update

Comment

Originally posted by Error
          mysql error: Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes
          mysql error number: 1153
          There is a value in your MySQL config that controls this. What does your AdminCP say the current size is? (When you first login into to the AdminCP, the stats box that comes has this entry on the bottom left.)
          To be updated...

Comment

Thanks for the response.

It's 1mb. I'm assuming that's pretty low for that usual function?

Comment

Bump.

Comment

1Mb is the default value.
                You need to get value upped to at least 16 or 32Mb - some users have it even higher.

Comment

Great stuff thanks syrus, I'll have a word with the hosting firm, I don't hold much hope though!

Comment