Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PhpBB 3.0.2 into Active VB 4.0.2 Users overwritten?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhpBB 3.0.2 into Active VB 4.0.2 Users overwritten?

Hello,

I've been searching for a while and tried a few things, but I am obviously doing something wrong!

I am importing two regional forums, which happen to have a lot of members with the same username and email, its a small market and I just acquired this other forum that I am importing.

When I do the import, the owners for all the posts get screwed up, and I have no idea what I am doing wrong!

I use impex, but don't do the manual association (there are about 200 overlapping users I am guessing), instead in the user import I choose to associate users with the same email address like I have read to do in several posts here...

Everything will import fine without errors (except for the bot users, to be expected), but on the imported forums posts, all the user ids are messed up...

For example, my VB user id 2 is put in place of the imported user 2, but they are not the same...am I making sense?

I am sure I am just doing something wrong, thanks!

Did you follow the steps for multiple imports? http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_multi_import

Comment

NO!

I read it and didnt think I needed to run it, but I did use impex to import my forum to vb in the first place, thanks, i'm an idiot!

Are you a bot now, btw? haha!

I will be trying again this evening, will post here if I mess it up again...

Comment

No not a bot. Just a normal human with a special brain to process vBulletin related data

Comment

Seemed to work fine, users are associated correctly, only problem is now, after updating all the counters, my user count still remains at zero...Also, some of the users have _imported by their names, I was going to merge those with the original user via the admin cp (as seen as a solution via search)...Any ideas on the count though?

EDIT: Sorry!!!! After a few min the count has corrected itself, thanks Zachery!
          Last edited by MXjunk127; Sun 21st Feb '10, 11:04pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X