Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Importing Attachments from PHPbb 3 to vBulletin 4. Is the code complete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing Attachments from PHPbb 3 to vBulletin 4. Is the code complete?

Type of import: Clean
    Source board system and version: PHPbb 3.0.6
    Target version: 4.0.1
    Module issue occurred on: 010.php:init(), ImpExDatabase_400.php:import_attachment()
    ImpEx version: 1.95

After 6 hours of tracing, I've found a couple issues.

In ImpExDatabase_400.php, import_attachment(), lines 147 - 203 are commented out and $attachfile at line 114 is 2 so the needed case isn't being hit, the default is (this ALWAYS returns false) so calls to import_attachment() from 010.php:resume() always fail.

Even after making that case available I found that lines 103 to 109 aren't behaving as I expect they're intended to. I would expect to see an insert in between, but perhaps one is happening prior and I'm missing it. Either way, $Db_object->insert_id() on line 109 ALWAYS returns 0 and as a result each call to import_attachment() returns 0, again failing the attachment from what I can tell.

I've added LOADS of trace information via $displayobject->display_now() to realize this. It makes me thing (especially from what I'm reading of other experience) that ImpEx just isn't intended to import attachments from PHPbb 3 to VB4.

I'll gladly help further if a dev can do so much as confirm/deny my findings, but it seems to me that inserts into the attachment table need to happen sooner in the flow than they are or this approach can't work (perhaps why the code is commented out).

I'll even see about making it work properly and only ask for an additional license in return
    Yes
    0.00%
    Yes, but it required code modifications/patches
    5.26%
    No
    94.74%

Originally posted by alldroid1 View Post
    I've added LOADS of trace information via $displayobject->display_now() to realize this. It makes me thing (especially from what I'm reading of other experience) that ImpEx just isn't intended to import attachments from PHPbb 3 to VB4.
    It is the same with IPB 2 and 3, the attachments all import as if they are associated with first thread and thread post in the database, but the thread show the paperclip, but they are not found in the post. I think it is the asset manager fowling it up, because if I use impex 1.95 and import to vb 3, the attachments work like a dream.

Comment

Just to be sure I understand you:

You're saying that the import "works", but all the attachments are appearing on the same thread for the entire board as if insert_id() is returning the same value for each, the value that would attach them to that single post?

Comment

Originally posted by alldroid1 View Post
        Just to be sure I understand you:

You're saying that the import "works", but all the attachments are appearing on the same thread for the entire board as if insert_id() is returning the same value for each, the value that would attach them to that single post?
        yes, in the db the post_id of every attachment is 1

Comment

Jerry is aware of the issue and working on resolving it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
            Jerry is aware of the issue and working on resolving it.
            brilliant, thanks zachery and jerry of course.

Comment

Jerry (or supporting crew), any update to this yet?

Comment

It might be a phpbb 2 issue as well, I'm unsuccessful in importing attachments to vb 4.0.2. I've had to roll back to 3.8.4 to import to my dev forum.

I'm ready to go Live soon and I do NOT want to have to roll back again just to import attachments.

My current attachments are from phpbb 2 --> vb 3.8.4 import, Impex version 1.96. If I go to attempt the attachment import today, I get:

There seems to have been a problem with the database.

ImpEx Database errormysql error: Invalid SQL: DELETE FROM attachment WHERE importattachmentid <> 0
                mysql error: Unknown column 'importattachmentid' in 'where clause'
                mysql error number: 1054
                Date: Friday 26th 2010f February 2010 04:09:24 PM
                Database: ******* (my database name)
                MySQL error:

(end of message)

It won't even ask me how many I want to process at one time, nor ask me for the path.

Any news yet?
                Last edited by bogley; Fri 26 Feb '10, 1:27pm.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	bump_signs..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	3678197

Comment

any update? This is pushing back my "Go Live" date... originally this weekend.

Comment

same problem with phpbb3.0.6 to vb4.0.2
                      impex 1.96
                      any update?

Comment

It's been over a month, any news?

Comment

if you set the true path and set the attachment storage type to database, attachments will transfer correctly !
                          it's because impex is not complete for vb4 yet! and just transfering to database is active (in impex)

Comment

My friend had being try to import phpBB attachments to vBulletin via ImpEx but unfortunately it wasn't possible, however he found way for that, he asked gConverter them, they did it without any problem.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X