Cant see PM's after import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant see PM's after import

In the inbox it says there are PM's stored but there isnt any in there ? This is from phpbb 3
    The opinions expressed in forum posts are my own personal opinions and do not represent any companies that i am associated with.

I have sorted this so no need for support , please close the thread
    The opinions expressed in forum posts are my own personal opinions and do not represent any companies that i am associated with.

Comment

What did you end up doing to repair the problem?
      s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

phpBB is a funny one , You have to do the import in the order that it wants you too , however when you import the threads and then the posts and then the PM's for some reason then deleted the posts ( left the threads ) so i then had to import the posts again which made the PM's invisible lol, so then reimported the PM's again.

basically i played around with it until i got what i wanted , then at the end just updated all counters and optimised the database , alot of hassle for something that could be so straight forward if it worked

Comment

Forum "Find user posts" Not showing results after import

After importing phpbb 3 forum into VB4 users can not search for their previous posts , ive rebuilt the search index and updated all counters but its still not working ?

Comment

When you rebuild the search index, did you take a long time? Does regular search work from the navbar? Do you have a link to a member page that we can see?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
              When you rebuild the search index, did you take a long time? Does regular search work from the navbar? Do you have a link to a member page that we can see?

the search actually works yes but not foreverything from what i can see.

Rebuilding the search index didnt take too long to be honest a couple of mins maybe.

The forum is a locked forum so if you wish i can give you admin access so you can see the board ?

Comment

I don't need admin access, I just wanted to be able to see a member page and check that the link in the page source is actually correct and then try a few searches on the site. Do you have a test account I can login to? How many posts are on your site? I know my test site with about 800K posts took over an hour to rebuild the search index.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

sending PM with login details now

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X