Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBulletin 4 & CMS Support

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    hey guys - any more news on roughly when the system will support joomla?
    Joomla has just nuked itself (all on its own) on my website - I just want to port all of these things over to VB and end the misery that joomla brings to me on an almost daily basis.
    My site: www.sanctuary4gamers.com My Twitter and if you like video games, my podcast (itunes)

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by crazyfruitbat View Post
      hey guys - any more news on roughly when the system will support joomla?
      Joomla has just nuked itself (all on its own) on my website - I just want to port all of these things over to VB and end the misery that joomla brings to me on an almost daily basis.
      The current impex does bring content over from Joomla now. Unfortunately, you'll have to do some data scrubbing and associate your articles with sections, categories. I've moved a few sites over. It's not easy, but it's certainly do-able.

      Comment


      • #48
        Thanks cmeinck,
        What do you mean by data scrubbing? Associating articles with Categories and the like?

        I have a load of articles - some are in Jreviews, will that port over? I love jreviews, but I'm totally done with joomla - sick to the back teeth of it breaking and having login issues with VB. Shame really as I only paid for it a few months ago.
        My site: www.sanctuary4gamers.com My Twitter and if you like video games, my podcast (itunes)

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by dekard View Post
          Thats great news. I'd like to put in a request for Joomla 1.x support since I am and I'd imagine quite a few others are still using that older version. For some of us it would be impractical to uprade our Joomla installs to 1.5 just to import that to VB CMS.

          Thanks Jerry!
          x2!!!

          Comment


          • #50
            Any updates on any of the importers?

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by crazyfruitbat View Post
              Thanks cmeinck,
              What do you mean by data scrubbing? Associating articles with Categories and the like?

              I have a load of articles - some are in Jreviews, will that port over? I love jreviews, but I'm totally done with joomla - sick to the back teeth of it breaking and having login issues with VB. Shame really as I only paid for it a few months ago.
              My articles have standard HTML code throughout. I have yet to find a way to have articles in vB4 recognize HTML. My method was to go into each article and remove all the HTML tags. I'd then apply a section, categories and meta tags. One of the sites I did while the existing site remained. For that particular site, I created hundreds of 301 redirects to ensure Google found the new pages.

              I have a big site (thousands of articles) and I'm really on the fence about moving that particular site. Right now, it uses a mix of Joomla, vB and Wordpress.

              Comment


              • #52
                import my Wordpress 2.9.2 content into my vBulletin CMS 4.0.2 using impex

                I'm trying to import my Wordpress 2.9.2 content into my vBulletin CMS 4.0.2 using impex without success

                I've set up impex and I'm confused as to what options I'm meant to be choosing. There seems to be two for Wordpress... wordpress_cms and wordpress (2.3.1). Which one do I choose as the system on the import screen? And what do I set the target export to? vBulletin 4.0.* or vBulletin CMS 4.0.* ?

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by cmeinck View Post
                  My articles have standard HTML code throughout. I have yet to find a way to have articles in vB4 recognize HTML. My method was to go into each article and remove all the HTML tags. I'd then apply a section, categories and meta tags. One of the sites I did while the existing site remained. For that particular site, I created hundreds of 301 redirects to ensure Google found the new pages.

                  I have a big site (thousands of articles) and I'm really on the fence about moving that particular site. Right now, it uses a mix of Joomla, vB and Wordpress.

                  Cheers mate - I just tried a test import and I see what you mean about the HTML data in there - though I have more of an issue with the date stamp being reset on all the articles - that is gonna be a ***** to re-arrange. I hope this gets updated soon.
                  My site: www.sanctuary4gamers.com My Twitter and if you like video games, my podcast (itunes)

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by crazyfruitbat View Post
                    Cheers mate - I just tried a test import and I see what you mean about the HTML data in there - though I have more of an issue with the date stamp being reset on all the articles - that is gonna be a ***** to re-arrange. I hope this gets updated soon.

                    Glad to see it's not just me. I'm holding off on doing my big site until we see updates to impex and possibly vb 4.1.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Hi,

                      I need import:

                      WordPress 2.9.1 to vb4 Blogs (Only 2.3.1 latest version impex)

                      Joomla 1.0 to vb4 CMS (Only Joomla 1.5 latest version impex)

                      Help me please.


                      Regards,
                      Miguel Quila Cozano

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Is it possible to import wordpress 2.9.1 to vb4 blogs ???

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          So...apparently they've stopped releasing Impex updates or answering Impex related import questions? No new updates since Feb. I purchased a VB 4.0 CMS license hoping that by now they would have a solid import tool for Wordpress 2.9+...and still nothing.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by EnJoY120 View Post
                            So...apparently they've stopped releasing Impex updates or answering Impex related import questions? No new updates since Feb. I purchased a VB 4.0 CMS license hoping that by now they would have a solid import tool for Wordpress 2.9+...and still nothing.
                            Im in the same boat as you buddy, trying to find a way to import joomla to vb cms, but so far had no luck..Why wont the developers update us on the issue?

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by The Rocketeer View Post
                              Im in the same boat as you buddy, trying to find a way to import joomla to vb cms, but so far had no luck..Why wont the developers update us on the issue?
                              I actually contacted support about this and as rather than giving me an answer as to why they haven't released any updates or responded to anyone's questions, they just said they could refund me. So when I requested that they go ahead with that, they then informed me that I could not get a refund as it had been past the 90 day period or something.

                              Whatever...after being a VBulletin customer since 2003, I'm officially sick of these guys.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by EnJoY120 View Post
                                I actually contacted support about this and as rather than giving me an answer as to why they haven't released any updates or responded to anyone's questions, they just said they could refund me. So when I requested that they go ahead with that, they then informed me that I could not get a refund as it had been past the 90 day period or something.
                                So I guess this means that impex is officially dead, then?

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X