Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

phpBB "forum rules" - can they be imported?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpBB "forum rules" - can they be imported?

I am converting from phpBB. At the top of each of my forums, I have guidelines for what should be posted in that forum. phpBB uses the term "Forum rules" for this. What is the equivalent structure in vB? Can Impex be used to import these over to vB? The text differs for each forum, and it would be somewhat of a pain to retype them all, so I'm hoping there is a way to bring them over.

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure whether they can be imported but you could just readd them as vBulletin has a Forum Rules feature as well:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/misc.php?do=showrules
    (Yes, this already exists in vB3)

Comment

No, there is no current support for this. As with permissions it's better to no and allow the admin to reset them. Opposed to trying and not being able to match 100% and not getting it, though the admin assuming everything is OK.

Clear up and permissions checking it an important part of any import.
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Thanks. "Notices" seem somewhat 'equivalent' in appearance as they seem to have a similar placement on the screen (relative)... do you think these are my best bet? Here is an example of forum rules in phpBB 3

Thank you

Comment

You can either do that, or edit the relevant template and put in your own custom content to match that.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X