dotNetBB Timestamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dotNetBB Timestamps

I recently did an Impex import into a clean board from dotNetBB. I'm running vB 3.8.4. The import appeared to run flawlessly, and the board has been up and running for a couple months. Recently, some users alerted me to a couple posts they remembered from the old board with incorrect timestamps.

I still have a copy of the dotNetBB db so I looked up a thread which was a chat that occurred over lunch. The dotNetBB time was 2009-07-23 19:28:56.690. Pacific daylight time was be in effect so applying the -7 offset gives me a time around lunch.

The timestamp in vB is 1248402480 which converts to Fri, 24-07-2009 02:28:00. It appears as if 7 hours were added to the dotNetBB timestamp. Did Impex wrongly assume dotNetBB times were local and try to convert them to GMT?

I did some digging in the Impex code and I could not find anything unusual. Looks like the dotNetBB time was parsed and passed directly into mktime(). The time and timezone are set correctly on the server - I verified both with phpinfo() just now.

Any thoughts on what happened and how I can fix it?

Thanks,
    Anthony

There is nothing in impex to adjust for timezone handling. Maybe the date is the timezone it was posted in and when read it is adjusted for the viewer in dotnet ?
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X