Can you import twice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you import twice?

Can I redo the import of posts in Impex? So it will overwrite what I have and update with the latest posts?

My VB isn't ready yet, but I imported all my old SMF forum details in so I can play around with it. My old SMF board is still running and users are still posting etc, so I want them to have all their posts etc on the new board when I transfer it fully over next week (hopefully, once I have the forbidden error resolved).

Thanks.

There is no way to do a partial import. You would have to clean out the imported data and session then redo the import.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

OK thanks. Is there a possibility anything could get mucked up when I do that? Or will it simply overwrite the data?

I think I may have selected to merge my accounts (admin) and it imported my admin account on smf as imported_ before my username. Should I not select this option when I redo it?

Comment

Can someone knowledgeable PLEASE answer this for me.

I have renamed my imported_ username, so when I redo the import should I clear out all the old data and start afresh, and not choose to associate admin accounts?

Please, would really like to get this done!

Comment

The imported_ prefix is automatically added when you have a user with the same name and you are not associating users.

To redo the import you will need to clear out imprt session and data and star fresh.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X