ImpEx problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ImpEx problem

I'm trying to import my old forums into my new vBulletin powered board. But every time I try to do the import I get this error:

"Connection to source server failed. Check username and password"

Can someone help? My server admin is stumped.
    That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

The most likely cause of this error is that the info in your config.php file is wrong or your db user does not have full permissions to this database. Please read this for all the known causes of this error:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194542
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you Steve.
      My server administrator is currently fixing this problem per your support answer
      That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

The ImpEx system now works, but I can't get past the "Check + Update DB" part. How do I get the thing to update other modules?

Comment

What happens exactly?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well, it alters the tables, but at the bottom, it displays something resembling this:

ImpEx Database errormysql error: Invalid SQL: SHOW TABLES

mysql error: No database selected

mysql error number: 1046

Date: Tuesday 22nd 2009f September 2009 03:56:59 PM
            Database: source
            MySQL error: No database selected
            Or something like that.
            Anyway, my server admin will reupload the files to a new blank db and I'll reinstall vBulletin from scratch again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X