No announcement yet.

Merging forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to restore the SQL file to its own unique database. After that you can use impex to merge her data with yours.

Comment

Well I have another problem now. I imported the data from the source to my forum(thanks god it works), but a few of the existing users are deleted for some reason(just because they have the same username)? What I can do about this now?

Comment

Thanks god I made it this time. I still have a partner who owns a mybb forum waiting to merge, I may come back and ask questions again later.

Comment

No one should have been deleted unless your current forum had already had imports and you didnt clean it out after the first import.

Comment

They may have been merged on email, but not deleted.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Hall of Famer View Post
              Thanks god I made it this time. I still have a partner who owns a mybb forum waiting to merge, I may come back and ask questions again later.
              Take that database and put it in the mysql database, from there, let your impex import it for you.

You don't need for your partner to go into your server, just ask for the database. And correct me if I'm wrong here - import it into the mysql shell, LEAVE the database there for now. Then after that use impex to import it from THAT database (that is, if you know the info to that sql) to the destination forum (the inveitable 'merged forum'). Once done with the import; delete the 'old' database.

You're done!
              Originally posted by Jerry View Post
              They may have been merged on email, but not deleted.
              Also consider the fact that each account has "imported_" before a username. Like this: imported_Carlos 360
              Last edited by Carlos 360; Tue 8th Sep '09, 2:08am.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos 360 View Post
                Also consider the fact that each account has "imported_" before a username. Like this: imported_Carlos 360
                Then the username already existed and ImpEx renamed the account so the admin would know which one was which.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Well I tried to import a mybb forum database to the vbulletin forum, but the forums, threads and posts from my partners forum do not show up. What did I do wrong? And it is so weird that the forum stats says that I have ZERO user on the forum...
                  Last edited by Hall of Famer; Fri 11th Sep '09, 5:52pm.

Comment

Please help...

Comment

Please wait at least 12 hours before bumping your posts.

From the forum rules:
                      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42918

Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. For style changes and general 'how-to' questions this should be 24 hours. For specific troubleshooting issues, use 12 hours as a guideline.
                      What doe the import module show? Do they show this data has been imported?
                      If so then please follow the 'After the Import' instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well I have imported users and threads from that Mybb database to my Vbulletin forum already. I only have two problems left:

1. The date posted is messed up, as it appears as 12-31-1969 for all the threads imported from Mybb
                        2. Users cant log in with their old passwords.

Is there a way to fix the two problems above. If not, can I delete the passwords of those Mybb users so they can log into their account on my forum without having to type in their passwords(so only need their usernames to log in).

Comment

1. Did you follow the 'After the Import' instructions here:

2. Your users will need to reset their passwords after the import. You can read more about this here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_passwords

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                            1. Did you follow the 'After the Import' instructions here:

2. Your users will need to reset their passwords after the import. You can read more about this here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_passwords
                            Well is it possible for users to log in without a password(so they only need to type their usernames)?

Comment

No that is not an option in vB.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X