Yahoo Groups SQL tables/structure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo Groups SQL tables/structure

I understand that Impex has a function to import Yahoo Groups information into the forum.

However I have been unable to pinpoint in the impex documentation what exact structure the SQL file with the yahoo information.

From what I understand the Ygroups data needs to be converted into a MS Access file and then converted into a true SQL db.

Is this the only way to do it. Is there a scrip available automate the data transfer process?

There are two options:

Yahoo Groups access dB download
    Tier = 3
    Source version support in ImpEx = 0.0
    • Import user
    • Import forum
    • Import thread
    • Import post

Yahoo groups (raw text)
    Tier = 3
    • Import User
    • Import Forum
    • Import Thread
    • Import Post

If you use the Access option that this data needs to be imported into an accessible Access database. Please note that since these are Tier 3 importers they are no longer supported or upgraded.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve,
      I have used PG offline to get the Groups Info into a MS Access database however I still do not understand the list you have made.

Is this the listing of database tables?

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      • Import user
      • Import forum
      • Import thread
      • Import post
      Last edited by mizunderstoodvw; Wed 26 Aug '09, 1:11pm. Reason: bad tags

Comment

I do not have a list of Yahoo Groups table. You will be able to see those tables directly when you restore that database.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I appologize but i think we are missing each other in this. Clearly I have no clue of what you are talking about.

basicly what i am asking is - how do i know what format the imported DB will need to be so that it is compatible with the impex importer

Comment

Assuming it's a database, then you need to restore the backup of that database to a live Access db on this server. Otherwise you will not be able to import it.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

ok

i believe i am a verified user in terms of licence requests. How do i go about uploading them?

and do i need a converter for it to convert to Live Access?

Comment

Sorry I do not know how to restore an Access database to Access. Assuming that Access is installed on your server then I suggest you contact your host for instructions on doing this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

could i covert it to pure SQL and use it that way?

Comment

I don't know. That depends on what you convert it to and if he have an imported for that.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                      Assuming it's a database, then you need to restore the backup of that database to a live Access db on this server. Otherwise you will not be able to import it.
                      but that still doesnt answer my question as to what fields are required to be in the tables to match up with what vbulletin requires for the import to be successful.

Comment

You have to have ALL the Yahoo Groups database tables. I do not have the list of of those tables. The importer assumes that you have a complete database. If you don't then it will not work. Sorry if that was not clear.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

The missing part of the puzzel is converting the database from MS Access to MySQL, there are various tools available for that. Or I can be contacted via the support area to assist with the database conversion.
                          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X