Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help about convert from cs2007 to vBulletin

Hi Jerry,

i have just buy vBulletin license and migrated a community server forum to vbulletin.
    when converted using Impex, I've some problem, so can you help me resolve it.
    my problem:
    1. when converting by Impex (1.93) if post include unicode character (UTF-8) then in mysql not import exactly, it display '????' character.
    2. formating difference between cs2007 anh vBulletin so when imported in vBulletin it show incorrect
    3. when import old password in cs2007 not using in vBulletin (it using MD5)
    4.my forum is large (about 80K member, 100K posts) so how to i'm optimize impex to improved speed?
    can you help me.
    p/s: my cs2007 run mssql2005, vBulletin run mysql ver 5
    i've read your customer post here : http://www.sidesofmarch.com/index.ph...-to-vbulletin/
    so can you help me newest script from Brian DeMarzo or the same from you?
    thanks alot.

Binh Truong
    Last edited by teppyrock; Wed 19 Aug '09, 2:07am.

What is CS2007?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

communityserver 2007

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      What is CS2007?
      communityserver 2007
      http://telligent.com/products/telligent-community/

Comment

Impex only supports Community Server 2.1.

Community Server
        Tier = 2
        Source version support in ImpEx = 2.1
        • Import user
        • Import forum
        • Import thread
        • Import post

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Impex only supports Community Server 2.1.

Community Server
          Tier = 2
          Source version support in ImpEx = 2.1
          • Import user
          • Import forum
          • Import thread
          • Import post
          I see, but can you read again my problem? 've some problem when I import users, posts.

Comment

Sorry but I do not know how to fix that. Impex does not support your version of CS. That means that you will need to find a programmer to modify it for you.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Sorry but I do not know how to fix that. Impex does not support your version of CS. That means that you will need to find a programmer to modify it for you.
              i think cs2007 and 2.1 don't difference if just import users,posts,and threads.
              have you read link http://www.sidesofmarch.com/index.ph...-to-vbulletin/
              (in the first post, in this article the author have success convert with help from Jerry), so can you (or Jelsoft) accept to author share that script?

Comment

It is possible Jerry can help update that script but I cannot promise it. Fill out a support ticket and ask for him.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

It is possible Jerry can help update that script but I cannot promise it. Fill out a support ticket and ask for him.
                  thanks for your quick reply.
                  I've posted support ticket, but Jerry not reply, another person reply (Jake Bunce), so can you show me the way to contact Jerry?
                  thanks again

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X