Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHPBB3 > vB3.8 (Broken Threads)

Hi,

I've just had a forum merge and mostly it was successful but a lot of thread have broken... Example: http://www.xboxer360.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47

Halfway down the page the threads start breaking - any idea why?

Seems fine to me. What do you mean?

Also the copyright notice is not readily visible on your forums. You need to fix this by changing the text color. To do that edit your footer template and change this:

<div align="center">
    <div class="smallfont" align="center">
    <!-- Do not remove this copyright notice -->
    $vbphrase[powered_by_vbulletin]
    </div>

To this:

<div align="center"><font size="1" color="#FFFFFF">
    $vbphrase[powered_by_vbulletin]
    </div>
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Steve,

I've fixed the footer now...

The reason you didnt see a problem is because I deleted the threads but now we have noticed several things:

1. Threads from the import forum have merged themselves into our threads.
      2. When entering new User Profile Fields the title is missing
      3. Some admin features dont work

Shall I reload my database from before the merge and is there any specific guidelines for importing forums for a merge as ImPex really only suggests its for new forum builds.

Dave

Comment

Okay I restored my backup but now im still having the same user with user profile fields, everytime I add a new field it doesnt publish the title or the description and when I checked the database it doesn't have a filed for the name or description?

Comment

Originally posted by Xboxer360com View Post
          Okay I restored my backup but now im still having the same user with user profile fields, everytime I add a new field it doesnt publish the title or the description and when I checked the database it doesn't have a filed for the name or description?
          Sorry but I don't understand this. Please try explaining again.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Xboxer360com View Post
            1. Threads from the import forum have merged themselves into our threads.
            That is indicative of a previous import, ImpEx can not effect exsting data unless the data has import ids, which are typically left over from a pervious import that hasen't been finalised correctly.

I suggest a restore, and running the impex/help.php script to finalise the previous import, before starting the current import.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...x_multi_import
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X