Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Guide To Import PHPBB

Hi guys

Just purchased VB and was wondering if you could show me an idiot proof way of importing my phpbb 3.0.4 to VB

Thank You

These are the only instructions we have:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      These are the only instructions we have:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex
      Do you or anyone else in the team offer an install service ? desperate to get it up and running ASAP

Thanks

Comment

There is an install service, though no official import service.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
          There is an install service, though no official import service.
          How do we do this Jerry, my hosts said they dont know how to do it. Please let me know ASAP

Thank You

Comment

They would follow the instructions just as hundreds of customers have done successfully. I'd be very dubious of any host that cannot do this. Honestly such a host would not have the necessary knowledge and experience to even manage a server competently.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
              They would follow the instructions just as hundreds of customers have done successfully. I'd be very dubious of any host that cannot do this. Honestly such a host would not have the necessary knowledge and experience to even manage a server competently.
              Steve,

Could you or Jerry please help with the import ? have to move it from old host by Monday

Comment

If they have a specific problem or question then we need to now what it is.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I have restored and followed the procedure from the URl you have given. It is not working as we said earlier.
                  Thanks,

Niyas
                  WebhostingPad
                  Is their reply

Comment

That is not a specific question. What did they do exactly and what is 'not working'?

Also I would be extremely worried about any host that cannot do a simple import that literally hundreds of vB customers have done successfully. Honestly they are either incompetent, or they never really even tried.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Possibly Steve, doesnt help me though. Would you do it for a charge ? PLEASE

Comment

Sorry but that is not a service we provide. Also if this is your new host, then I strongly recommend reconsidering your choice of hosts.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

They have just replied saying they wont give any reason or any help for third party software, i've seen my R's now

DO you reccomend a host that will provide us help with VB ?

Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X