phpBB 3.x import to vB 3.83, posts don't display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpBB 3.x import to vB 3.83, posts don't display

I used Impex precisely as directed, I was very thorough and deliberate about it, double checked everything before doing each step.

I have imported the users, the forums and the threads. The admin area shows all posts made the transition, and the post and thread count in the capsule facts at the bottom of the home page show they are all in the system too.

But none display. I have rerun the import tools, and have done all the post import steps required described in the documentation in the order specified, three times.

I have read through the FAQ, this forum, the troubleshooting guide in the manual and I have no answers.

I have set all the preferences in the Forum section of the admin area to make threads display "all", and configured the vBulletin install the way I want it, but I am obviously missing something. I cannot view any of the imported posts.

Any tips, documentation I am missing, etc?

At a loss and would love some help, thanks.

A link would help. Also please follow the 'After the Import' instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I did all that, more than once

Hi, thanks for the quick reply, that is fantastic.

I am sure I have made some stupid basic error here.

So although I have gone through that list of steps for after the import I will do it again, and take pains to do it very deliberately and carefully.

The forum is at http://forum.autoimmunetherapies.com although I think have closed it casual visitors. It is meant to be a private forum.

While I am going through that list again I will create an account and send you the log in details though a private message.

I appreciate your attention to this and your patience. I have been in your shoes and know what this is like for you. So thanks.

Comment

doh

it was as I predicted, user idiocy. I had not checked the forum acts as a forum check box...

Sorry to waste your time, and thanks for the very prompt reply.

Enjoy your weekend.

Jasper

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X