2 different s/w imports into VBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 different s/w imports into VBulletin

I have 2 different boards I want to import into VBulletin.

One is from DCForum with 1500 users (the first import), the other is from PhBB3 with 37 users (the second import).

I made a dry run and everything is fine except that when I made the second import, it totally overwrote the first user table in the database). The user table in PhPMyAdmin only has 37 users in it. I associated all the names from the second import with the ones the first imort had put in the Vbulletin database.

3. questions.

1. Is it possible to fix this and just reimport the user table from the first import?

2. How do I work the impexes so that both show as options in the Admin panel under import? Right now only the impex from the second import is showing with options to redo because I deleted all traces of the DCForum impex in order to get the PhBB3 impex to show.

3. When I finally do this big merge for real, what's the best order to do things in?

Thanks in advance

Please view the multiple import instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_multi_import
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      Please view the multiple import instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_multi_import

Thanks Steve, I read that before the import but it doesn't clearly answer my questions. That explanation is too confusing to a layperson.

Is it possible to fix my mistake and just reimport the user table from the first import or do I have to spend another 12 hours redoing everything?

Is it possible for the Admin CP to have a drop down menu with the two impexes I need, for the two different softwares, in case I need to redo a specific module from one of them later on?

Comment

No at this point you need to clear out all the imported data and sessions and start again. If that is not possible then you may have to reinstall vB.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X