Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing IPB 2.x to vB 3.6.x with a fatal error on the post import

Hello everyone

I'm trying to import an IPB DB into a vB site and I'm getting an error when I get to the post import..

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '%' in /home/xxxx/public_html/testvb/forum/impex/systems/ipb2/000.php(78) : regexp code on line 1

Fatal error: preg_replace() [<a href='function.preg-replace'>function.preg-replace</a>]: Failed evaluating code: $this-&gt;unconvert_size(&quot;14&quot;, &quot;&lt;b&gt;.........................removed some text............br /&gt;- untar the instalation package&lt;br /&gt;&lt;!--fonto:Courier--&gt;&lt;span style=\&quot;font-family:Courier\&quot;&gt;&lt;!--/fonto--&gt;tar -xf 61_quartus_linux.tar&lt;!--fontc--&gt;& in /home/xxxx/public_html/testvb/forum/impex/systems/ipb2/000.php on line 78

I've downloaded impex again thinking I may of just gotten a bad file, but I get the same error when I get to "From : 20415 :: To : 21980"

Any ideas?

thx
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

anyone with ideas?
    we are at a stand still
    I know IB wants to shut down free support, but I didn't think it had gone into effect yet

Comment

It'd be nice if we could see the code it stalled out on. Honestly in all my time working here and with impex this is the first time I've seen this sort of error.

Comment

More Information

Merge import, no previous import just 2 years of usage now having a IPB board merged into it.
        Source - Invison Power Board - 2.3.6
        Target - vBulletin 3.6.4
        Module - 000 - Import Posts
        MySQL error: As shown above...

We are desperate for a solution. Time is of the essence.

It choked on this:

Quartus II instalation scripts:
        - untar the instalation package
        tar -xf 61_linux.tar
        - three directories are created inside the directory each containing its own installation script, modify each of them
        - comment the next lines in the script code (there are problems with bindkey)
        # bindkey "^[[3~" delete-char
        # set KBS=`tput kbs`
        # if ( (${%KBS} == 1) && ! $auto_install) then
        # stty erase $KBS
        # endif

- run the scripts and install into the default directory
        Last edited by scheinbs; Thu 23 Jul '09, 10:01am.

Comment

Is there any reason you can't upgrade to vB 3.8.3 and try again? Maybe there is an issue with that older version of vB and Impex.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
            It'd be nice if we could see the code it stalled out on. Honestly in all my time working here and with impex this is the first time I've seen this sort of error.
            This is the full line since it's already been posted above
            Code:
            Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '%' in /home/xxx/public_html/testvb/forum/impex/systems/ipb2/000.php(78) : regexp code on line 1

Fatal error: preg_replace() [<a href='function.preg-replace'>function.preg-replace</a>]: Failed evaluating code: $this-&gt;unconvert_size(&quot;14&quot;, &quot;&lt;b&gt;Quartus II on Gentoo&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;I am going to update this post as I progress with the installation.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;b&gt;Dependencies&lt;/b&gt;&lt;br /&gt;- unmask and emerge csh (tcsh may be useful as well, I have not tested it)&lt;br /&gt;- unmask and emerge flexlm (only if you wish to run the license server on Linux)&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;b&gt;Instalation scripts&lt;/b&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;There are three installation scripts for Quartus (Quartus and two chip description packs) one script for MegaCores, one for the Nios IDE and one for ModelSim AE&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Quartus II instalation scripts:&lt;br /&gt;- untar the instalation package&lt;br /&gt;&lt;!--fonto:Courier--&gt;&lt;span style=\&quot;font-family:Courier\&quot;&gt;&lt;!--/fonto--&gt;tar -xf 61_quartus_linux.tar&lt;!--fontc--&gt;& in /home/xxx/public_html/testvb/forum/impex/systems/ipb2/000.php on line 78

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
            Is there any reason you can't upgrade to vB 3.8.3 and try again? Maybe there is an issue with that older version of vB and Impex.
            I've been chatting with a few vb ppl on twitter and the conclusion is there is bad record?

This is what Kerry-ann suggested
            check the row in the source post table after the last 1 that imported ok. That will be the problem one if it is the same each time
            So I'm going to check this out

Comment

It will be the content of a post that is breaking the bbcode parser in impex.

I suggest, finding the last successful post.importpostid then finding the next post after that in the source board, that will be the one breaking it.

Edit the content to take out as much of the HTML as possiable.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                It will be the content of a post that is breaking the bbcode parser in impex.

I suggest, finding the last successful post.importpostid then finding the next post after that in the source board, that will be the one breaking it.

Edit the content to take out as much of the HTML as possiable.
                I'm having a hard time finding the last good post that was imported.
                I see the IPB_post table and can search in it, but the only thing the importer gives is the username, I can add the number of good imports to the numbers it shows at the top and I come up with 20669
                so is that the post ID 20669 or 20670 that I should delete/edit and try the import again?

thanks for the help

Comment

This against the target database :

Code:
                  SELECT importpostid FROM post LIMIT 0,1
                  after the broken import will give you a number, the next highest number than that in the source (posts.pid) is the post that is breaking it.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I don't understand, but I'll see if I can figure it out
                    it says "16" for the post id using that querry
                    so is it saying postid 17 on the source db is the bad post?
                    it had imported several pages, would think it would be a lot higher than 17

thx again for the help

Comment

When importing impex will record the post id from the source as post.importpostid with the new post it creates in vBulletin.

So, whatever the last one is, is the id of the post just before the problem post in IPB.
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X