Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Problems While Importing!

Hi there

I'm facing lots of problem while converting phpBB 3,0,4 to vB 3,8,3, .

1. While importing users, I got 50 failed items, I checked some of my users and it seems everything is perfect, but I'm not sure!
    How can I find out what caused those failed items? Is it important to know or not?

2. I couldn't import attachments and avatars! I'm using Plesk panel, What is the full path of attachments on Plesk?!
    domain.com/files or httpdos/files/ or .... help me please

Any help would be appreciated

1. There is something wrong with the source data for those users. Unfortunately there is no easy way to know what that is but in the past this has usually been related to missing email addresses.

2. Use the full and complete path. On Unix/Linux systems you can find the complete path name by telnetting or sshing into your server, going to that directory and typing:

pwd
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      2. Use the full and complete path. On Unix/Linux systems you can find the complete path name by telnetting or sshing into your server, going to that directory and typing:
      pwd
      Thank you Steve, but I'm a newbie , would you please explain more? where should I type pwd?

Thanks beforehand!

Comment

You telnet or SSH into your server, go to the relevant directory and type that in the command line.

Otherwise you should ask your host for help with this.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve, another question'
          I need a query to change font-size, for example alter the font size of every post (text) which using [SIZE=1] to [SIZE=3]

Thanks

Comment

Also I need some Cleaner commands to get rid of these messy BBcodes,

1. [/*:m:zjjaj0qk] = [/*:m:random characters]
            zjjaj0qk , these characters change in each post!
            How to remove them at once?

2. [highlight=#color codes]
            Like the first item, I'm facing with different color code for high light tag, How to clean them all together?!

Thanks

Comment

Steve please help me,

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Bump!

Comment

Sorry I do not know how to use cleaner.php to do this. Also please wait at least 12 hours before bumping your posts. Thank you.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

there could be someone coded a cleaner to convert the quote in phpbb.

i've found a cleaner for smf. you might want to use it as reference and modify the parse_quote function accordingly.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309519

regex for offtopic tag
                    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238771

Comment

The 1st 50 users in phpBB3 are bot entries, ImpEx fails them as they have no email address.
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X