csv file - import users into vbulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• csv file - import users into vbulletin

I have a CSV file with usernames, emails and passwords from an existing database. I wish to import them into my forum so that these users need not register but simple login and start posting.

What method can I use them to import them into my vbulletin installation? I am using v3.8.3.

Thanks.
    Vote for the development of vBulletin - WordPress Integration Plugin
    Come on people, lets get this plugin made! Put 3 votes! :up:

Use the text file importer in Impex which is available in the Members Area.

Please read the online Impex import instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Oh... Impex can do this too? Nice! Thanks.
      Vote for the development of vBulletin - WordPress Integration Plugin
      Come on people, lets get this plugin made! Put 3 votes! :up:

Comment

Your HELP

Mr.Steve Machol

Could you please let me how to do it? Step by step?

Please your help ASAP.

Regards;

Comment

Follow the step-by-step instructions here: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I looked over the manual for using Impex. It shows that you have to select what type of forum you are importing from, but what if you are using a custom database/forum that is not publicly available? Meaning it's not on that list? I will have a CSV file. Can I still use Impex?

Comment

Yes, just choose the text import option. Your CSV file will need the following fields:

username, email, password

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Thanks for the info! I will try that!

Comment

Steve,
                  I've installed Impex on my forum. I stored my users (username, email, password) in a csv file and in a simple text file with the same format.

I used the Impex txt file import and followed all the steps correctly (I'm pretty sure I did). However when the import of all the users are done I end up with 0 members and 0 active members it says on the index of the forum
                  but then it also says welcome to our newest member A.

I'm very confused. The import seems to have gone just fine and I never got a error message during the import. Don't know how I could have messed up everything seemed very straight forward.

What could I have done wrong? Btw I tried importing both the csv and the txt file and between I restored the db.

Comment

Please follow the 'After the Import' instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup

If you have further question then please start your own thread with all the relevant details. Thank you.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Can I use ImpEx from my page?

I am trying to do this: when some one registers in my web, I need the script registers automatically in vBulletin too, exists some function in ImpEx that I can use to do my desire?

Thank You

Comment

Jorgemen - Impex cannot do that. Make a new post on vb.org for help. You can also look around and see if there is a bridge for what you are using and vbulletin.
                        Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Reeve of Shinra, thank you for your fast answer...

Comment

Hi,

I've been researching and finally found a way to import users from a text file.
                            (You have to change this config in ImpExConfig.php, I didn't see anywhere in the link from Steve mentioned this, perhaps I just didn't see it.
                            $impexconfig['sourceexists'] = false;
                            )

I've prepared content in my text file as the following:

user 1, password1, [email protected]
                            user2, password2, [email protected]

Unfortunately when I click on "Check and update database", I cannot find a correct way to input a full path to my text file. Here's my 4 attempts with error:

http://2010p.mydomain.com/test/upload/users.txt - NOT OK
                            T:\developing\2010.mydomain.com\test\upload\users.txt - NOT OK
                            /test/upload/users.txt - NOT OK
                            ../users.txt - NOT OK

I've tested at least the first 2 and found it opened correctly in FireFox and Windows Explorer.

I'm using FireFox on Windows XP. Can anyone help me out how to input the full path and file name correctly? Or perhaps you can point me out what I've missed?

Steve, pls don't tell me that I have to look in the manual, coz I didn't see anywhere in the manual mentioned anything about my problem ;-)

Cheers,
                            Tony.

Comment

I've found a way to work around the full path. Just upload your text file into the impex folder and use only file name in the input box.

Problem solve, thanks anyway.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X