Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vb3.89 to vb 3.83 - importing users only into a different forum

Hi

I am thinking about importing only username, password, e-mail address and usergroup from a vbulletin version 3.80 to an another vbulletin installation with version 3.83

Both installations have different content, in 99% of the cases different users and a differnt url.

I do not want to import threads/postings and risking with that to override thread IDs etc. of the target forum.

How can I do this with Impex?

Thanks in advance

Yes you can use Impex to import only the usergroups and users. This won't affect the threadids at all.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have imported all content from a fireboard forum with success and I want to import users from another vbulletin forum (381) in the same database.
      Unfortunately impex is still looking to fireboard database and not to the new vb database. I have updated impex config file and is connecting with success to the new database.

Can you make any suggestions on how to import from vb only the users?
      Apparently somewhere is stored the info that import is going to be form firefox and I am not asked for customer number as I am with first use.

I just needed to remove import ID's
      Last edited by imedic; Wed 15 Jul '09, 8:17am. Reason: found it

Comment

Another problem I am stuck on:
        I have selected vb-36 from where to import (even if I import from 381) but is not working. I have tried with vb3 too and is not working.
        After check and update I receive failure even if it completing the task.
        It said Completed on all lines and finish with
        "Failed Check database permissions and connection, or table prefix to ensure its correct"
        I push Complete buton and I get back to initial screen where I got 1 failure for first line.

Comment

Please start your own thread with all the relevant details. Thank you.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

May thanks. Here is the thread.
            You can delete previous posts. Sorry for inconvenience.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X