PHPBB to vb error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHPBB to vb error

Ok I am importing PHPBB 3.0.1 to vBulletin 3.8.2 impex runs just fine except when importing forum( categories w/e) I get an error of invalid argument foreach(); in (can't remember from there but I have a screen shot I will post tomorrow. Acording to impex the threads and sub forums import just fine but they don't show.

Any help please.

That indicates a problem with the forum data. Did you have any modifications on your phpBB?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

No there are no mods on there.

Comment

rebuild bitfields.. and run the update counter etc.. in admincp
        Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

Nope that didn't work either, even after updating counters, thanks for the reply though.

EDIT: I just looked at the stats at the bottom and found this Threads: 40, Posts: 119 and yet none show even after trying the above.
          Last edited by Connor; Wed 27 May '09, 4:56am.

Comment

Please follow the 'After the Import' instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Steve, I have done that and nothing has changed.

Comment

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Connor View Post
                  Ok I am importing PHPBB 3.0.1 to vBulletin 3.8.2 impex runs just fine except when importing forum( categories w/e) I get an error of invalid argument foreach(); in (can't remember from there but I have a screen shot I will post tomorrow. Acording to impex the threads and sub forums import just fine but they don't show.

Any help please.
                  Does it immidieately happy ? i.e. with the categories, or do the cats import then it happens with the forums ?
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

The error happened after I imported the cat's the page refreshed to go back to module area then showed the error then refreshed again.

I just noticed when I viewed the clients forum he wanted to know something about his account, I saw that the system registered he had made 196 posts and when searching it found all the posts, even when clicking the direct link the posts where displayed http://spyphoneforums.com/main-spy-p...sung-rant.html however not on the main page.

Comment

Did you check to make sure all the forum permissions are correct?

edit: nevermind, you did.

Comment

Are those supposed to be categories?

Because they are currently set as categories, and if they are actually FORUMS, then you won't be able to see any of the threads which are stored in there.

Try going into Admin CP --> Forums and Moderators --> Forum Manager --> Edit Forum

Then under Posting Options set "Act as Forum" to YES.

Comment

*SLAPS HEAD* It seems so simple now! Thank you MR_Butter you were very helpful.

[solved]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X