Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UBBThreads import, Attachments not found

hello,
    I'm working on importing a UBBThreads forum to vb, everything is going like it should be the attachments import
    I keep getting "Source File not found"

I've tried putting the URL of the attachments which I can view at http://forums.site.com/misc
    and I've also tried putting the path from the server

The site I'm importing to is vforums.site.com because we wanted to set this up as a test to make sure it's going to work.
    Is this subdomain messing things up? I'm sort of lost as to why this isn't working like it should

Any advice is appreciated

Thanks
    -Brandon
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

You cannot use the URL of the attachments. They have to be on the same server as vB and you need to use the exact path to that directory.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      You cannot use the URL of the attachments. They have to be on the same server as vB and you need to use the exact path to that directory.
      Okay I had thought of that too, I tested by moving a few of the images in the misc folder to a misc folder on the vforums domain and it didn't work. I'll dl the whole misc folder and upload it and try again.

Thanks Steve

(btw, it's all on the same server, they are just on separate subdomains)
      Last edited by Loco.M; Sat 16 May '09, 10:44pm.

Comment

okay, I have an exact copy of the msc folder on the vforums.site.com ftp, and it's still showing source file not found
        Is there anything else I can check?

thx

Comment

The FTP path is not the correct one. Use the full and complete path to the directory containing your backup. On Unix/Linux systems you can find the complete path name by telnetting or sshing into your server, going to that directory and typing:

pwd

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The FTP path is not the correct one. Use the full and complete path to the directory containing your backup. On Unix/Linux systems you can find the complete path name by telnetting or sshing into your server, going to that directory and typing:

pwd
            I was using the "forumpath.php" file with vbadvanced to find the path
            I'll see if I can SSH into it

* I can ssh into it and it's the same path that i've been using.*

Any other suggestions? thanks

Comment

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
                I've added the logins I have
                this is the ticket id number
                (Ticketid: 917920)

Thanks, hoping to get this resolved soon

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X