Convert user names during import?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert user names during import?

I am importing a board from dotNetBB that uses AD authentication. Eventually, my vbulletin site will use AD authentication as well. The user names in dotNetBB are in the form [domain]\[username].

For example: localdomain\johndoe

What I need for my vbulletin board is just the user name. Can I edit anything in the impex code to filter out the domain name from the user name? Or should I just perform the import, then use a SQL query to filter out the domain name from the user name? If I go the SQL query route, are the user names just contained to the users table?

Thanks.

It would probably be easiest to use a SQL query with a regular expression after the import. The User Name would also be located in the Thread and Post tables due to denormalization for performance. However you can update the thread and post information in the Admin CP after running the query.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Here's the SQL query I used:

Code:
      update user set username = replace(username,'localdomain\\','');
      After updating the thread and post info in the admincp, everything is great.

Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X