After Conversion my postings say "GUEST"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Conversion my postings say "GUEST"

So far I solved most of the issues from my SMF to vB Conversion, but something odd happend. Though I am the Main Admin (otherwise I couldn´t do what I can do) all the postings of me in the Forum that are imported from the other say that I am "GUEST" and don´t even show my new set Avatar & Signature. Why am I a "GUEST" according to the threads ?

Any help on that please ?
    Thanks in advance.

Wolfseye

Solved.

Comment

How did you solve this ?

Comment

I found a topic here in this Forum or in vBulletin.com, i think it was vbulletin.com where someone had a similiar problem and there was a reply with a MySQL query with what all posts with a specific Username got attached to a specific UserID. So that in the end it was like all those were actually again my postings, like before, but not as guest.

I would have to search for that thread again, don´t know atm.

Comment

You would run this query:

UPDATE post SET userid='xxx' WHERE username='Old Name';

...with 'xxx' being the userid number of the new account and 'Old Name' being the username on those posts.

Then rebuild the thread and forum counters in that order:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Update Counters
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
          X