X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tricky import - need a few answers

Hi,

Here is my situation.

I am potentially going to take ownership of an IP 2.2 forum.

I am running vbulletin 3.8

I want to import all of the users and threads into my forum as the main reason I want to take ownership of it is for the members and content.

How exactly would I go about doing this?

I noticed there is an import tool that comes with the vbulletin software (impex) Should I convert IP2.2 to VB first and then look to merge the two VB forums? Or can I important IP 2.2 straight into my VB?

The reason this is a bit more complicated it because I'm not just looking for a straight conversion. I need to convert and merge.

The other tricky bit is there will be some forums on the Ip 2.2 board that I don't want and others I want to move into my existing forum. IS that going to be easy to do?

Lastly, would Vbulletin do this work if I asked them? (paif of course)

Thanks in advance.
    www.wannabebig.com
    www.wannabebigforums.com
    www.atlargenutrition.com

You can use Impex to import the IPB data directly into your vB. Just install and run Impex as per these instructions:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

Please note that since IPB passwords are encrypted, they cannot be imported. Your users will need to reset their passwords after the import. You can read more about this here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_passwords

Also note that there is no way to do a partial import of forums. You would have to import all the forums, after which you can delete the ones you do not want.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

personally, i would do a back up of the IP board...

Then delete all that you don't want to go into your forum-A

then make a back up called 4-forum-a

do a database restore of IP board [restore to original state].

then delete all that you don't want to go into forum-B

make a back up called 4-forum-b

then you have the data for each of the board you want to merge members/items/data into.

then do the impex for each of your boards

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
        You can use Impex to import the IPB data directly into your vB. Just install and run Impex as per these instructions:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

Please note that since IPB passwords are encrypted, they cannot be imported. Your users will need to reset their passwords after the import. You can read more about this here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_passwords

Also note that there is no way to do a partial import of forums. You would have to import all the forums, after which you can delete the ones you do not want.
        Thanks for the reply Steve..

Would this be something that vbulletin support could do for me?
        www.wannabebig.com
        www.wannabebigforums.com
        www.atlargenutrition.com

Comment

Sorry but we do not have an import service at this time.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X