Missing first posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing first posts

I had done several successful test runs of a Drupal to vB forum import.
    With this under my belt, I shut down the Drupal forum and did it for real.

I had requested (and received confirmation) that all my Mods would arrive at a given time for testing before vB went live... needless to say only one turned up... my one and only Mod surfed around looking for issues whilst I was doing the last of the tidy up... all initially appeared to be good, so we went live.

Now that we've been up for a few days, we're finding some threads that are missing the first post.

Whilst I still have Impex in place, with its id's, some of the threads have since been moved between forums, and plenty of new posts added.

What would be the best game plan for recovering the missing posts, with least interruption to the members?
    Bryan

Almost a month, and not a comment

Will another import attempt screw up the existing forum/thread structure, bearing in mind that some threads have moved, and new threads & posts have been added?

I have a successful full import to a test forum... could this be merged to the active forum, without having duplicate posts everywhere?

Some direction please!
    Bryan

Comment

Sorry, there is no real way to merge imports with only new data. You can only import the complete data.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

As Steve said it's an all or nothing deal.

I'm guessing that you just re-ran the post module, what would of happened it's that ImpEX would of deleted all the posts, then imported just the comments from Drupal.

As the importer creates the thread and the first post at the same time, as they are one item in Drupal and two in vBulletin.

To fix this would mean a re-import, running all the modules.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X