Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpBB 3.0.4 import attachments problem

Hi everyone,

I have read through the impex documentation and the vbulletin documentation, but cannot find any further information on how to import the phpbb attachments correctly.

the repeated error in impex is "Source file not found", even when correctly pointed to the correct folder inside the phpbb install.

I have a number of attachments on the phpBB forum which I am migrating from. The aggregate size of the attachments is measured in gigabytes, though there are allegedly only 2402 files according to impex (failed import).

I have checked the permissions on the folders and files on the phpbb side, and there should be no issue with accessing the files.

However, one thing I have noticed, is that the files on phpbb attachments directory have a different name to what is showing up in the import window, e.g. on impex / vbulletin import looks as below:
    Source file not found :: Screeenshot1.jpg

The above names, which are correct (in filename terms) do not seem to coincide with the file names in the phpbb attachment folder, e.g.:
    1052_019c1636b27d9e980306bf01abfc114d You -rwxr-xr-x

Is there something I have missed?

I cannot proceed any further until I am sure the migration is going to work completely, as the forum users are a bunch of non-technical people with a virulent dislike for change (stubborn users)

Any help appreciated.

I seem to be experiencing the same issue. The import went on well enough, but the attachments themselves are not showing, even though they are attached to the posts.

Comment

As a bump and clarification of the issue:

The attachments themselves are apparently in the system. I can see them in the admincp, and they are viewable. They are also attached to posts, yet they are not visible in the posts.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Comment

Question for you because I've the same issue... The location of your attachments, where did you place them? Also, did you specify the entire root location? I don't have many so it's not a pressing issue, but I'd like them around.

Funny, your members are just like mine... Not welcoming of change and technitards.

Comment

I believe the problem is how attachments are handled between the two systems.

phpbb3: (something like this)
          Code:
          [attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]
          vbulletin:
          Code:
          [attach]84[/attach-]
          Unless Impex was supposed to fix all these, I dont know.

Comment

Since the images are attached to the posts in the system I was able to simple delete the [attach(ment)] bbcode, what this did was attach the images at the bottom of the post, HOWEVER it only worked in preview mode???????

When I save the post the attached images dont show up. This is VERY confusing since it works then doesnt.

I suspect this has something to do with Impex, since attached images work fine when I make new posts. Just the imported posts have this problem.
            Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Comment

You can add me to the list of people with this problem.

Hopefully the devs will comment soon. I don't really want to push my site live until I get the attachments transfered over.

Comment

Yes, I still cant figure this out. When I re-import, I will double check settings, maybe I overlooked something, perhaps the directory path.

Comment

same problem, any solution?

Comment

This is the only barrier to making my new site live.

Can ANYONE shed any light on this at all? I feel a bit let down after paying for a legit copy of vBulletin I can't use....

Comment

Appreciate that this is a very old bit of bumping, but it's still very relevant.

Source file not found
                        Is it something to do with the way phpbb stores the attachments not as images but as some kind of other file to stop leeching etc?

Any help or advice is appreciated, I have been desperate to get the forums up for over a year, but without this issue being resolved it's going to be tough.

Cheers

Comment

That error means that you are not using the correct path to your phpBB attachments. You need to use the full path.

If you need further assistance, please start your own thread with all the relevant details. Thank you.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X