Impex No Import Forum Broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impex No Import Forum Broken

When I setup my board I had imported posts from PHPBB.

The import was successfull and the board has been running for two weeks.

I have had new members register and new posts since then.

Yesterday I opened impex to have a look at the stats as on of the users had failed and I wanted to confirm it in the Impex stats.

After opening impex my boards statistics went blank, this the stats on the index page. The forums where there and the posts where there.

I contacted support and was advised to reset my counters, I did this and now all my posts are gone. The forums are there but the posts are gone now.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have contacted support directly but I am trying to resolve this as soon as possible as I have had to close my forum now since updating the counter has lost the posts.

Any help appreaciated!

Still waiting on support so tried to resolve this myself.

I created a new install of vb on a subdomain with a clean database and tried to import everything from the old corrupted database to the new clean one.

It failed on,

"Import thread"

And the error is "Invalid Forum ID".

So I am stuck, I think from what i can gather VB Impex has set all my thread id's to 0 so they are not linking up. The board was running of cache and once I reset the counters it lost everything.

If anyone can offer some advice this been going for 12 hours now and boards are still down.

Really would appreciate some help.

Comment

There is nothing in ImpEx that can set the threadid's to 0, if an import isn't finalised you can use ImpEx to remove all the data though.
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X