Bulk change of users' user group?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulk change of users' user group?

Hi, is it possible to specify a list of users to change from one user group to another? I have a list of about 150 users that I need to change, and am wondering what's the easiest way to get that done.

Thanks.

Depending on what you need exactly, most usergroup changes can be made using the promotion system.
    Lats...

Comment

Originally posted by Lats View Post
      Depending on what you need exactly, most usergroup changes can be made using the promotion system.
      This set of users is not being changed based on a promotion.

They have paid club memberships in the past, and I need to update them to "club members"

Comment

Do they all have something unique about them, i.e. do they all have a certain secondary group, or a particular value in a text field?
        Lats...

Comment

Originally posted by Lats View Post
          Do they all have something unique about them, i.e. do they all have a certain secondary group, or a particular value in a text field?
          No. I did an import a few weeks ago, and made everyone a registered user. bad on my part.

I'm very handy with SQL, so I can sit down and figure out where I need to populate things if it gets to that.

Comment

If you've moved all users to the registered usergroup, then you can't do them in bulk. You will need to edit each user individually and update their usergroup as required.

Note: If you are using paid subscriptions, and these users purchased subscriptions on your previous forum, then you should manually readd their subscription instead of changing their usergroup.

To add a user to a paid subscription manually:

AdminCP > Paid subscriptions > Paid Subscription Manager > Add User
            See: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/s...ager_addmanual
            Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne View Post
              If you've moved all users to the registered usergroup, then you can't do them in bulk. You will need to edit each user individually and update their usergroup as required.

Note: If you are using paid subscriptions, and these users purchased subscriptions on your previous forum, then you should manually readd their subscription instead of changing their usergroup.

To add a user to a paid subscription manually:

AdminCP > Paid subscriptions > Paid Subscription Manager > Add User
              See: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/s...ager_addmanual
              I just updated their usergroup in the database and everything is working fine.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X