PHPBB > VB 3.8.1 Clean Import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHPBB > VB 3.8.1 Clean Import

Clean import, no previous import just importing a phpBB board into VB 3.8.1.

Source - phpBB3 - 3.0.4
    Target - vBulletin 3.8.1
    Module - 004 - Import Users
    Error - "Invalid, Skipping. Failed On Email"

Hi I have been successfull in importing my PHPBB3 board into VBulletin.

I had two errors, this did not impact anything on the conversion from what I can see but I wanted to confirm if it is okay before going live. I have checked everything in my boards and all the posts, users etc seems to working fine.

Here are my two items,

1) It skips 50 users, this seems to be the crawlers PHPBB has installed on there board without emails. I am going to assume we don't need them anymore so there ok to skip?

2) I get an error message on the admin username

"Invalid, Skipping. Failed On Email"

I still get a green mark next to the username and there is definetly an email in the PHPBB database. It seems the user is imported ok as all the posts are there etc. The only thing I notice is it is given a user name like "imported_adminuser". I just merged this user with the current vbulletin admin user and after that everything seemed ok.

Your input is appreciated....

Thanks!

Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

1. Users with no email addresses will not be imported. If you don't need those users, then you can ignore this.

2. That should be fine too.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X