sort of import related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sort of import related

I've done a test import, and have asked a couple of the frequent users to test the site, meaning there are a few test posts, couple of bogus users, etc... after the import. I want to wipe the slate clean and re-run the import. I don't care what happens to the new posts / users - I want them deleted along with the imported stuff so the database contains no users, threads, posts, pm's, forums, etc...

If possible, i'd like to keep any forum setting changes, but that's not a big deal. What's the best way to go about this?

Other than deleting all the data, there is no clean way of doing this and keeping your settings.

Note: This will cause your userid, postids, etc. to keep auto-incrementing. They will not be reset to '1' with the new import.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

do you have a script I can run to clean all the data, or is that the same action as impex "clean database" step?

Comment

If people posted after the test import, then no. The Clean Database' option will not do what you want. It will only remove the imported data, and only if you did not finalize the import.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X