ImpEx Conversion - General Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ImpEx Conversion - General Question

I am considering running a conversion for phpBB to vBulletin 3.8.1 and had a question before I took on the task:

Q: When converting from the phpBB board to the vBulletin board, will my vBulletin users, usergroups and forums be affected?

In other words, when I want to import the users, threads/posts, attachments, avatars and signatures. I think I can do without anything else needing to be imported.

When I import, since both boards have a userid=1, for example, how will that affect those specific users and if it is the same case with a forumid, will that cause problems as well? I plan to move all the old threads/posts into new forums AFTER the conversion, so is that something else to be considered?

Thanks in advance!

~ Sean

ImpEx copies over data, so it never overwrites original data in the target forum.

When you import the forum structure will be replicated and created in the target forum, as with the usergroups and users etc. Once they are imported you can edit and move the forums around as you like. Same with the users they will be in their own usergroup which you can edit, or just move them all to the Resisted user group.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Thank you, Jerry. Question answered. <3

~ Sean

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X