Import button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import button

I am attempting to import a phpbb into VBulletin. I believe I have followed all the instructions, but I do not see an import button on my VBulletin Admin Control Panel. Does anyone have any ideas of where I most likely screwed up so I can begin troubleshooting there, or should I just start over?

Thanks kindly,
    Ann

As per the instructions you need to upload all the Impex files, including '.../includes/xml/cpnav_impex.xml'.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

import

That was done.

Comment

Then it will show. If it doesn't, then you have not uploaded the Impex files to the correct directories.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

import

Fixed it. Somehow I named the file Impex and it should have been impex. When I changed it, it worked.
          Thanks.

On my first attempt I got the message that it could not fine phpBB3(then a file name) for each of the tables. I was not sure what this meant, but I guessed that it might be referring to my import tables (even though my import files were prefixed with phpbb_, but I had said phpBB. So I changed the config to state that the import files were phpbb_ instead of phpBB. Then I got the below message. So I changed the config file to the original callouts and still got the same message. That's when I figure I'm losing my sanity, because I know that is not possible.

I also placed the following line in the source file description because it was in your example, but not in the file I downloaded. I don't know if it caused the problem: $impexconfig['source']['databasetype'] = 'mysql'; // mysql OR mssql

ImpEx Database errormysql error: Invalid SQL: SHOW TABLES
          mysql error: No database selected
          mysql error number: 1046
          Date: Thursday 12th of February 2009 05:53:50 PM
          Database: animall_ALF
          MySQL error: No database selected
          Last edited by annb; Thu 12 Feb '09, 3:02pm. Reason: added additional info

Comment

That means the source info in your ImpExConfig.php file is wrong. You need to use the correct info your your phpB3 database, and that db should be on the same server as vB.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X